TTORA Forum banner

Carnage Canyon will be missed-9/14/08

4K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  fondigley 
#1 ·
I met up with Eric at about 8:30 Sunday morning to try and beat the rush. Man was it worth not having to wait for people in front of you on the trail. Anyway, we were playing at Guardian when the next truck started closing in on us. Shortly after the second obstacle we came across a toy camping, who was rebuilding his axle right there on the trail. By the time we got to the third obstacle another group caught up to us. Well here are some pics and my buddy is working on a video which I will post soon.

Well I finally got some real body damage. Might be time for tube doors.

We got a lot more pics, but they are all on my friends computer. So may post up some more when I get a chance.

See less See more
#2 ·
What a great day. I couldnt believe how many people were camped up there! Your truck did great Alex and as for the body damage, I thought when the rock was in your door, it was going to be bad. Now your truck has some good character!! Cant wait for the video!!

#7 ·
Some might have been, but I think the first guy was just fixing his rig. Didn't stop to ask the details, just enough to find out it was almost back together and he was good to go. And some of the others were just college kids partying.

Looks like you took some "Carnage" home with you Alex :D
Yeah figured I get my moneys worth and of course Carnage had to live up to its name.

Which obstacle ate your door?
The rock after the slab. I had trouble with the straight route next to the slab. After a few attempts, I decided to drive around it and while pivoting on the slider, I slid down the rock into the door. But it is not enough for me to even bother fixing. Just some new souvenirs.

#11 ·
I was kidding also! My camera batteries were dead so, Alex's buddy had the only camera and I know he got plenty. Where's the rest of the pics Alex?

#23 ·
Other Pic's

Hello, did you ever post up the rest of your pic's or videos? We were up that day right behind you in the tan CJ and were hoping to see a few pic's as we didn't take any.

Eric's rig was very nice and made stuff look too easy, and it was painful to see your hit the door by the slab. We ended up with a bent front driveshaft, it was slippy up there!

And we as well already miss carnage...

#13 ·
Oh that's not terrible.....

Hehe...I remember my first "real" body damage... God that hurt... I'm still pretty clean, but as they say, the first one hurts the most.

#22 ·
Um I miss it already... :xcrybaby:

#24 ·
Hey I forget your name but by your screen name I'll take it that its Mickey? Anyway, awesome CJ6, I've always like those and they seem kinda rare! Also, I talked to Alex and his buddy hasn't posted the videos he got yet but, I check youtube everyday. If I see it I will let you know!!

#25 ·
Yeah that was us in the 6, I should have aired down for once and we might have done a little better and not bent a shaft. But hey it's fixed already and I can blame the wifey.

Mickey's the user name for just about everything, but it was the first dog's name :)

Terry was driving (as it was her turn) and I'm George. Hopefully we'll see you around CO on the trail again. Again that yota just made everything look too easy.

#26 ·
Mickey... you on Colorado 4x4? You of course are welcome to be here too. But we might just make you laugh too much ;)

#27 ·
Yepper, like most web wheelers I surf too much! I do own a 98 Taco on 32's, so I'm not a total outsider...

But after watching Eric's yota, and a couple of other yotas on the trail that are doubled up there are times it makes me think a :saw: little too much...but I like being topless just dang much.

#29 ·
Believe me, many many thoughts on that one I luv the ruuners and I'm still thinking about it.

My first yota was an '81 w/33's on it, I had it for 12+ yrs before trading it on the current taco (nothing dies at my house, it just gets rebuilt & repainted..).

But if I'm going up it needs F&R links and the 22re may just not be enough after having a nice tbi 360 under the hood... Currently I can drive 75 to and from the trail, and do pretty well once it gets on there, plus I've never run into a CJ6 on the trail before.

Who knows what can happen, maybe after the dust settles...

#30 ·
George thanks for all the compliments:D. If your up to it I might be running Carnage/BV this coming Sunday!!

#31 ·
OK well I LOVE topless... but there are ways... OH yes! We need to meet then (I mean the whole gang thankyouverymuch!)

#32 ·
Still bugging my friend to finish that video. He keeps saying he will get to it, but between school and work, he is a little busy. But I keep pushing him to get it finished. I'll definitely let you guys know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.