Decision reached on Ocala National Forest ADP (Access Designation Plan) - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Decision reached on Ocala National Forest ADP (Access Designation Plan)

Looks like we're gonna get screwed big time,

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/news/

The decision is not official as of yet and there will be a 45 day appeals process before implementation can begin.

We'll learn more Saturday morning.

85 Toyota 4runner with some stuff...
Trail Pics
FL-TTORA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 11:11 AM

1558 miles of trails probably includes every trail we've ever been on in the forest. Looks like the ATV riders have a much better lobby than we do.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Mikeyk280 Send a message via Yahoo to Mikeyk280
It's all about the striped newt and wood peckers man!!! I say shoot the peckers for destroying our trees... And the newts are a valuable asset to the local witch doctor community... I like what they had to say about rodman pit:

In addition, the area known as Rodman Pit will be designated as an OHV day use area.
The 37 acre area is an old borrow pit that provided fill material during construction of Rodman Dam. The site will be used as a disposal area for lake sediment and dam fill material when Rodman Dam and Lake are removed. Therefore, the pit will not be restored until dam removal is complete. Designation as a day use OHV area allows the forest to provide a variety of OHV experiences.
The site will function as a parking and staging area for OHV riders on the north part of the forest.
The site is relatively flat, has very deep sandy soils, and all drainage is internal. As such, no adverse soil and water impacts are expected to occur.
The flatness of the site, lack of steep slopes and few obstacles make the site a safe area for such use. Designation as an OHV day use area will provide opportunities to educate and interpret Tread Lightly ethics.
Some amenities, such as parking and trash containers, are all that will be needed. Flush toilets are available at Rodman Spillway developed recreation site.
Noise and trash were concerns expressed by the public. I believe that as a managed day use area with planned monitoring efforts that these impacts can be minimized. Our management of the area can be adapted appropriately.

How about they get out there and MANAGE the forests... keep an eye on what is going on. Harsher punishments... make people respect the forests, don't penalize the guys that are cleaning it up and educating others on proper use!!! Sorry I'll get off my soap box now... just irritated me after reading that whole thing!!!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 08:46 PM

I say shoot the peckers for destroying our trees...

Really, would you like to do that? Unlike ourselves they are part of the natural world, and they do NOT destroy their source of food and shelter. They don't destroy the trees Mike, they just make use of the ones that are killed by insects, lightning, or humans.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member

Just another nail in the coffin for outdoorsman. Guess eventually we'll built our 4x4's on Xbox 360. Everyone's answer to problems is "more laws". why not enforce what's there? Florida irritates me...

So what does this all mean for us "off-roaders" exactly?

'09 4.0L V6 Auto 4x4 TRD Off-Road CC/SB: STOCK
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 05:23 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to usmcracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by J94runner
Just another nail in the coffin for outdoorsman. Guess eventually we'll built our 4x4's on Xbox 360. Everyone's answer to problems is "more laws". why not enforce what's there? Florida irritates me...

So what does this all mean for us "off-roaders" exactly?

This means if you don't like to drive more then 4 hours to wheel then sale out now before all the OHV area's are closed.

Steven

91 4runner SAS'd and crawling with Marlin+InchWorm!
03 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
88 4Runner soft top and stock daily driver
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Veteran Member

son of a bitch..... I already have to drive from Tampa to ocala. WTF do these people want?

Last edited by J94runner; 01-15-2006 at 05:35 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 05:32 PM

We will all be mall wheeling when they get done.

If it don't work the way you want, modify it.

1948 Willys, Streched to 100" WB, Toyota axles, 4.88 gears with ARB's and Bobby Longs Super axles, Toyota 1KZTE 3L diesel engine, Toyota trans and Double low Toyota T case (2.28, 4.7) with dual shifter, Marlin Crawler crossmember, Square front shaft, Mile Marker hyd winch. No it will never be done
visit the Marlin Crawler fourm for The Making of the Willy Mammoth thread. I can't link here.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member

i'm gonna pay some attention to my Supra(s). Garrett GT35/40R

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 02:03 PM

fl4wda and united filed appeals, we then met with usfs in gainesville about a week and a half ago...the following url is an informal report of the meeting.

http://fl4wda.com/forums/forums/825/ShowPost.aspx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode