FL4WDA Presidents meeting minutes - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

FL4WDA Presidents meeting minutes

Hey guys and gals,

Read through the minutes. Get back to me on your thoughts.

http://fl4wda.com/pdf/minutes_20060805.pdf

I hope that everyone takes this as seriously as I do. When wheeling, know that someone, anyone could be watching.

Be responsible while out on the trail.
This November for the Florida Toyota Takeover, for those of you who are familiar with the forest make up a trail list that you would like to wheel.

86 4Runner, SAS ,dual cases, 5.29, locked f&r, 36 sx's
Yes I wheel it.

www.neilfab.net
Neilfab Stuff

Tread Lightly P06-13986.indv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Veteran Member

Some pretty crazy shtuff...So is anything being accomplished in our favor? Trails are still being shut down and there is nothing we can do about it besides ask the FS to leave places open that we like to wheel at? (Or come up with 85K to fight them in court?!?) As if they are going to care. They are succeeding at closing a huge majority of everything they want. Why would they politely reserve areas that we want? They dont care. All they see is the idiots out there tearing everything up and not giving a shit! They dont care about the majority of us wheelers who actually try to respect the "Tread Lightly" rule. If it would really help our cause I would be willing to volunteer for the patrol program. Would give me more excuses to go wheeling! And I can get people in trouble to boot!

I don't care about the Jeep thing as long as my mail is on time!!!

92 4runner 22RE under slow construction

2010 Honda Insight 45MPG!!!! Surf racks and custom horn!

85 4runner: All the goodies. Gone but not forgotten.

Trail Pics
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Veteran Member

look at that club.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolinitup33 View Post
You're a fuckin idiot
RIP

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to nickcuban
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tense
Iggy, what in Gods name are you trying to tell us?

by can i think he means shutdown or somethign of that nature

STOP CALLING YOUR STOCK TRUCK WITH A 3" LIFT A 'RIG'. IT IS NOTHING SPECIAL, SO STOP!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 09:46 PM
FL VP

Location: From ALASKA but some how got stuck in the swamp land called FLORIDA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
WHY??? And what the hell does that have anything to do with what is being said in the letter from FL4WD. What tell me please cause it has nothing to do with it at all...U want to be a post whore so bad put it in the right palce..That club has nothing to do with the trails getting shut down in this state or what is being done to try and stop it...And just so u know they might just think the same about u/us..And from the pics they have they are doing nothing more than what we do and thats wheel...They are wheeling in spots that are all right around me...SO PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THEY DID AND WHAT THIS HAS TO DO WITH WHAT NEIL POSTED!!!!!!!

TTORA Florida Chapter Vice President

Last edited by Neil426; 08-08-2006 at 03:54 AM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 09:47 PM
FL VP

Location: From ALASKA but some how got stuck in the swamp land called FLORIDA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco
Some pretty crazy shtuff...So is anything being accomplished in our favor? Trails are still being shut down and there is nothing we can do about it besides ask the FS to leave places open that we like to wheel at? (Or come up with 85K to fight them in court?!?) As if they are going to care. They are succeeding at closing a huge majority of everything they want. Why would they politely reserve areas that we want? They dont care. All they see is the idiots out there tearing everything up and not giving a shit! They dont care about the majority of us wheelers who actually try to respect the "Tread Lightly" rule. If it would really help our cause I would be willing to volunteer for the patrol program. Would give me more excuses to go wheeling! And I can get people in trouble to boot!
X2
And am a member of Tread Lightly

TTORA Florida Chapter Vice President
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 05:09 AM
Veteran Member

well go to the site and look at their stuff they call them self responsible but they drink on the trail they go and "DIG HOLES" so people get stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolinitup33 View Post
You're a fuckin idiot
RIP
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 05:57 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to usmcracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
well go to the site and look at their stuff they call them self responsible but they drink on the trail they go and "DIG HOLES" so people get stuck
Iggy, before you assume that another "club" is causes trouble and start bad mouthing them, you need to review our pictures. I look at the pics and videos on their site and they aren't doing anything diff. from us, besides they are mostly wheeling in mud. I didn't see any pics of them drinking and wheeling/driving, for you or anyone else knows they were at camp for the night and putting a few cold ones down while talking about the days run. Saying stuff like that will give you and them a really bad name so you really need to think before you post.

Back to topic,

If I remember right at the MLK campout the FLWA said the the FS was going to leave some of the Rodman Damn area open for OHV. This a total BS, that place sucks. FLWA needs to step up and fight, I've signed everything they've had but it isn't working. I'd pay a increse in member fees if they use it to fight it.

91 4runner SAS'd and crawling with Marlin+InchWorm!
03 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
88 4Runner soft top and stock daily driver
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

What should have been taken from the minutes:

1. Phase 1 ADP is done. All that we are waiting on is the map. While leo's can give you tickets they are not enforcing the adp. They are simply doing what they should have been doing all along.

2. Tickets can't be given unless the ranger or leo see's you doing harm to the environment.

3. Phase 1 we were worried about the amount of trails being closed. The trails that were closed really didn't affect us too much.

4. Phase 2 we need to be more aware of the quality of trails being closed. The scoping period is our chance to recommend the trails that we want to remain open. sooo.. If you know of a trail in ONF that you would like to see remain open let me know about it and I'll turn it in.

5. We may be assigned an area in the ONF to "scope out" for trails. When I find out IF were are going to be assigned I'll let you know what is required.

6, FL4WDA/ Neighborhood watch. I am going to encourage only people who are responsible wheelers to follow up on this. This is a non-confrontational thing. We are not waving flyers in people's faces. We are visibly documenting the people who are abusing the forest.

So to sum up:

Bosco- FL4WDA is going to let the appeal thing go...not gonna doit.

USMCRacing- FL4WDA got into ADP after phase 1 scoping was over so all that could be done was damage control. Yes Rodman sucks.

Iggy- Stay on topic. Mogs won't make a difference. And I do know how to delete the stuf that doesn't matter.

Neil

86 4Runner, SAS ,dual cases, 5.29, locked f&r, 36 sx's
Yes I wheel it.

www.neilfab.net
Neilfab Stuff

Tread Lightly P06-13986.indv
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcracing
FLWA needs to step up and fight, I've signed everything they've had but it isn't working. I'd pay a increse in member fees if they use it to fight it.
ok, member fees will get bumped up to about 1500 per year per person, sound ok to you? read the minutes again if you missed how much it would cost to litigate.

(rest of this message written in broad terms, not entirely a reply to usmcracing so if it doesnt apply then dont put a chip on your shoulder)

the state of florida in terms of off-road recreation appears to be in a state of growing pains. other states have worked very hard to provide access to areas or create areas of interest and its not hard to figure out where...just look around on the various forums for out of state trips, georgia, kentucky, alabama, tennessee, north carolina...whats the difference? do you think god just tossed a park over there? takes alot of time, money, energy and COMMITTMENT to get these things done.

fl4wda has always been big on public lands and we remain that way. we are certainly open to and are investigating private parks...but we can only do so much. for the most part, two people (including myslef) do all the leg work so keep that in mind when you use the term fl4wda. i can tell you that many counties around the state are checking into and preparing grant proposals for parks now that they are seeing how much money it can bring in...takes time.

we hope to bring on some more folks, just have to get people interested. in short, critisize all you want but beware of what it will get you....nothing.

edit: i agree, rodman aint the bomb.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil426
5. We may be assigned an area in the ONF to "scope out" for trails. When I find out IF were are going to be assigned I'll let you know what is required.
Tonight we had the Gator4x4 quaterly meeting and discussed scoping out trails. We are assigned the same section as Gator4x4 which is west of lake Kerr.

Ryan

1991 SASed Extra Cab V6 Pickup

FL TTORA
www.gator4x4.com
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member

Jason, you will see that FLTTORA members will step up... You're doing one hell of a job for the off-highway community in Forida.
Neil and I have been discussing the volunteer policing project (if you will), we're working on the "COMMITTMENT" you speak of. We're in the works forming a list of members that want to take the responsibilities.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91toyota4x4
west of lake Kerr.
I'm tired and it's late, lake Kerr? Where is that?
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tense
I'm tired and it's late, lake Kerr? Where is that?
Right in the middle of the north half of the ONF

Ryan

1991 SASed Extra Cab V6 Pickup

FL TTORA
www.gator4x4.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode