Table Mesa 1-25-09 - TTORA Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Tony Rivera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 349
Table Mesa 1-25-09

Some of us got together to do some prerunning for AZRocks, so Mark, JJackson, Stealth4x4, 007Max, and I went out to TM. We started off by running Raw deal, then went and checked out the Gillette Ruins, and then made our way over to Terminator. After that, 007Max and I stayed behind, ran upper Terminator, and then proceeded to turn my truck into a submarine in the river.

Anyway, Pictures.







Then we went to check out the view.



Then went to Terminator





Stealth got some body damage





Then I turned my truck into a submarine.





Overall a fun day.
Tony Rivera is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Senior Member
 
BuckeyeT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Buckeye
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Rivera View Post
Then I turned my truck into a submarine.


I wish I was able to go...
BuckeyeT is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Veteran Member
 
Symon623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Payson, AZ
Posts: 5,207
Send a message via AIM to Symon623 Send a message via MSN to Symon623 Send a message via Yahoo to Symon623
looks wet......Cept you didn't look wet tony?

Sy
85 Syota, 6.0/700r4/203/300/60's/Detroits/37 PBRR's/§XX§
02 Cummins tow rig, a few goodies
High Country Renegades
Symon623 is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member
 
Kaistie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cave Creek, Az
Posts: 5,088
Doood, what the hell were you thinking! I could have told you that was a bad idea just from looking at the pics. Water gathered next to a vertical wall like that means eddies. That means soft shit is deposited on one side, and huge holes on the other. Either way, it usually never ends well. Glad you got out though. looked like a fun trip.

Linked, locked, and blown one ton monster on 40's!!
08 2500 4x4 Cummins tow rig and DDmmmmmmm,
Pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/kaistie
Kaistie is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member
 
007max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 1,600
Awesome trip! I'll have the pictures up as soon as my internet decides to cooperate

Oh, and Tony, where are those videos?

02 TuRD with a shiny new frame & 82 Pickup that collects dust
007max is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member
 
rockbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Peoria Arizona
Posts: 1,558
water is bad...have fun changing all those fluids

looks like a good time.
rockbronco is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Veteran Member
 
MerMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In a Sun-Maid box
Posts: 2,396
Send a message via Yahoo to MerMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbronco View Post
water is bad...have fun changing all those fluids

looks like a good time.
x2

AZ Undertakers
MerMan is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member
 
Stealth 4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Black Canyon City, AZ. Work in SoCal
Posts: 3,008
Yeah, that day was a lot of fun! Looks like you guys found some more stuff to roll after we left at the end of lower terminator. Kinda bummed I missed that extreme truck wash Tony managed.

It turned out to be good that I got outta there when I did, because when I got back to the freeway I had a message on my phone to come to work. So as soon as I got home I packed a bag and then drove that night to Nevada. Glad the truck wasn't mechanically damaged, just a little cosmetics.

I stopped at Demello in Corona and we pounded out that panel a bit and I picked up a wraparound rear tube bumper. Sweet! Got a new bumper outta the deal. Before Terminator the wife and I were going back and forth on the rear bumper decision. Sunday made it an easy sell. I should have beat up that corner panel sooner! Thanks guys for helping keep the damage to a minimum. Nice not to have to replace the tail light. The next time that happens it should just scrape up the tubing on the bumper.

A few pics...
















Degenerate

'03 D-cab Prerunner (4wd conversion)[/SIZE]
D-Cab https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115481
'85 4Runner Geared, Locked & Exo'd on 37's
Toyzilla https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168734
Stealth 4x4 is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member
 
Stealth 4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Black Canyon City, AZ. Work in SoCal
Posts: 3,008
Here's the end result of that body damage from Terminator... Still not pretty, but kicked/hammered out a little it doesn't look quite so bad. Now its got character. I'm sure we could have done a better job on the panel, but that "body work" was free and good enough for me. If only we'd had the bumper before the run on Sunday.

FWIW, Jason Demello is one of those decent guys you can feel good about giving business to. We were walking aroung the shop looking at parts and I saw this bare metal tube bumper lying on the shop floor. So I asked him if it was spoken for. From what I saw most of their stuff goes to powdercoating before it goes up for sale, but I like being able to rattlecan over the rock rash before it rusts - which is cheap and easy compared to re powder coating. So I always get bare metal and rattlecan it for easy touch-ups later. Anyway, Jason made it happen for me with a $175 mark down on this bumper, and he sprayed on a few coats of black for me right there, so I didn't have to. I was looking at a custom wraparound and trimming the bed, but the offer on that tube bumper was too sweet to pass up at less than half what the custom would have run me. And with the built-in hitch I was able to ditch the tow hitch and regain some departure angle -- so no more hanging up on the receiver when dropping off a little rock ledge.



Woohoo! So who's wheelin' this Saturday?

Degenerate

'03 D-cab Prerunner (4wd conversion)[/SIZE]
D-Cab https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115481
'85 4Runner Geared, Locked & Exo'd on 37's
Toyzilla https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168734
Stealth 4x4 is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Veteran Member
 
motochain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CO & AZ
Posts: 1,796
Send a message via MSN to motochain
Nice pics! I took a TON. I'll get them loaded on my computer and posted up soon. Some good ones of everyone!

Awesome find on the bumper stealth! I can see it getting lots of use.

Tundra-->35's--->IFS--->Armor--->Stuff

IFS--->D60, one of these days....

'03 T4R
motochain is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Tony Rivera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 4x4 View Post
Glad the truck wasn't mechanically damaged, just a little cosmetics.
Now you can't even tell where I left my blue paint on your truck!
Tony Rivera is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
 
Kaistie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cave Creek, Az
Posts: 5,088
Very well done gentlemen! It was a beautiful day to wheel. Way to represent the Az Ttora boyz

Linked, locked, and blown one ton monster on 40's!!
08 2500 4x4 Cummins tow rig and DDmmmmmmm,
Pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/kaistie
Kaistie is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Veteran Member
 
007max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 4x4 View Post
Here's the end result of that body damage from Terminator... Still not pretty, but kicked/hammered out a little it doesn't look quite so bad. Now its got character. I'm sure we could have done a better job on the panel, but that "body work" was free and good enough for me. If only we'd had the bumper before the run on Sunday.

FWIW, Jason Demello is one of those decent guys you can feel good about giving business to. We were walking aroung the shop looking at parts and I saw this bare metal tube bumper lying on the shop floor. So I asked him if it was spoken for. From what I saw most of their stuff goes to powdercoating before it goes up for sale, but I like being able to rattlecan over the rock rash before it rusts - which is cheap and easy compared to re powder coating. So I always get bare metal and rattlecan it for easy touch-ups later. Anyway, Jason made it happen for me with a $175 mark down on this bumper, and he sprayed on a few coats of black for me right there, so I didn't have to. I was looking at a custom wraparound and trimming the bed, but the offer on that tube bumper was too sweet to pass up at less than half what the custom would have run me. And with the built-in hitch I was able to ditch the tow hitch and regain some departure angle -- so no more hanging up on the receiver when dropping off a little rock ledge.



Woohoo! So who's wheelin' this Saturday?
Glad you got it banged out, and like you said, now it has character Looks good with that bumper on there. At least you didn't get both your bedsides before getting it like I have, and you got a good deal on it too

You should have taken the line over the top of the big boulder at the end like JJackson and I did, the possibility for carnage is still there and is more severe if you slip off to either side, but with careful driving it wasn't a hard line to negotiate

02 TuRD with a shiny new frame & 82 Pickup that collects dust
007max is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member
 
007max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Rivera View Post
Now you can't even tell where I left my blue paint on your truck!
Between that and sending your buddy over the roof head over heels on that last yank out of the river you had quite a day

02 TuRD with a shiny new frame & 82 Pickup that collects dust
007max is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member
 
Stealth 4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Black Canyon City, AZ. Work in SoCal
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007max View Post
Glad you got it banged out, and like you said, now it has character Looks good with that bumper on there. At least you didn't get both your bedsides before getting it like I have, and you got a good deal on it too

You should have taken the line over the top of the big boulder at the end like JJackson and I did, the possibility for carnage is still there and is more severe if you slip off to either side, but with careful driving it wasn't a hard line to negotiate
Yep, in retrospect you're right. But at the time I could see slipping off that sucker and causing some serious rollover damage. Plus, I really thought that line I tried had potential -- guess I needed 35s for it though, or maybe a front locker woulda gotten me up it without the ass-end sliding to drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007max View Post
Between that and sending your buddy over the roof head over heels on that last yank out of the river you had quite a day
Why no pics of THAT? Sorry I missed it.

Degenerate

'03 D-cab Prerunner (4wd conversion)[/SIZE]
D-Cab https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115481
'85 4Runner Geared, Locked & Exo'd on 37's
Toyzilla https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168734
Stealth 4x4 is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member
 
007max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 4x4 View Post

Why no pics of THAT? Sorry I missed it.
Happened about .5 seconds after this picture was taken, you can see my wheels are aready spinning for that last yank out




Oh, and all my pictures are now online, all 250 or so!

http://gallery.azmaximas.org/album55

02 TuRD with a shiny new frame & 82 Pickup that collects dust
007max is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Veteran Member
 
motochain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CO & AZ
Posts: 1,796
Send a message via MSN to motochain
Finally some of the pics I took!































Good times!

Tundra-->35's--->IFS--->Armor--->Stuff

IFS--->D60, one of these days....

'03 T4R
motochain is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Web Wheeler
 
Mark in Az's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chandler, Az
Posts: 1,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by motochain View Post
Finally some of the pics I took!



Good times!
The angle for this pic is kinda cool

SortaStockStepSide
Mark in Az is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member
 
motochain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CO & AZ
Posts: 1,796
Send a message via MSN to motochain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Az View Post
The angle for this pic is kinda cool
Are you full width Mark? I was trying to imagine how much more crap I would've had to run over with my truck than the IFS tacos.

Tundra-->35's--->IFS--->Armor--->Stuff

IFS--->D60, one of these days....

'03 T4R
motochain is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Veteran Member
 
JJackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 1,215
Here're a few I took, spent time just watching, Moto took pics.







84 Toyota Crawler
98 4Runner Limited 4x4 e-locker
JJackson is offline  
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 11:11 PM
Web Wheeler
 
Mark in Az's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chandler, Az
Posts: 1,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by motochain View Post
Are you full width Mark? I was trying to imagine how much more crap I would've had to run over with my truck than the IFS tacos.
No, pretty much stock, +3" in front

SortaStockStepSide
Mark in Az is offline  
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member
 
motochain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CO & AZ
Posts: 1,796
Send a message via MSN to motochain
Cool. Good to know, I think I would've had a time fitting where you guys did.

Tundra-->35's--->IFS--->Armor--->Stuff

IFS--->D60, one of these days....

'03 T4R
motochain is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Table Mesa 10-4 azyoytota Past Events 3 10-06-2008 10:24 PM
Table Mesa 5-3 rockbronco Past Events 11 05-05-2008 02:02 PM
Table mesa 4/26-4/27 Tony Rivera Upcoming Events 3 04-27-2008 07:19 PM
Table Mesa 2/17/08 howyadoin Past Events 13 02-19-2008 06:37 PM
Table Mesa anybody? 7/28 MerMan Upcoming Events 7 07-26-2007 09:24 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome