Tip-Top Mine / Black Canyon City - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Tip-Top Mine / Black Canyon City

So this past Saturday, MarkinAZ, 007max and Christine & I went to check out the tip-top mine trail for AzRocks. The morning started off with me being at the wrong meet spot, and thinking no one else was showing, Christine and I took off down the road, stopping here and there to check out the sites, and shiny things. We were checking out some shiny rocks in a running stream bed when I said, sounds like someone’s headed this way, lets get out of their way.. When up over the hill comes Mark and Igor - I'm sure my new meet spot was more scenic anyway... So after my apologies for being in the wrong spot - we head off down the trail... We all made quick stops at Gillett before meeting at the new spot...Not much left of Gillett...

So after we met up finally - we headed on towards Tip-Top Mine -
lots of foundation, walls, reinforcements left over - It always amazes me to find these old "ghost towns" and what's left, just trying to imagine what it would have been like when it was in full production..

We all scouted around the site some and found one of the mine tunnels..

Then it was back to the trail and out towards Black Canyon City -

I have to say that this was one of my most enjoyable "easy" trails so far and should make a nice day for the AzRocks trail run. I'm looking forward to running it again.
I'd say most high clearance stock vehicles would do well on this trail - 4x4 would be recommended, the trail gets pretty narrow towards Black Canyon City.

'06 Tacoma , X-Cab, TRD Off-Road 4x4
Factory E-Locker
6" Fabtech 2.5 Dirt Logic
Custom Sliders
Hankook MT 285/70 17

Pictures - www.flickr.com/talanor69/sets/

Panties: Not the best thing on earth, but next to it.

Well hellooo Mister Fancypants. I've got news for you pal, you ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Web Wheeler

Yeah, my coordinates are flawless

Scenic easy trail for Holly

SortaStockStepSide
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Veteran Member

It was a good run, I didn't get any worthwhile pics w/o my copilot

Being the only guy on 33's there, I would say that 4x4 would definitely be required for the trail going to Black Canyon City.

02 TuRD with a shiny new frame & 82 Pickup that collects dust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode