LT, Anaconda, BCT March 3, 2013 - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

LT, Anaconda, BCT March 3, 2013

The weather was so nice the day before the run, I decided it was time for the old girl to go topless for the first time...

What? You were expecting ?

So this morning I met up with Josh (Taco_toy) out at TM as planned, and we went out to the entrance of LT to park his pickup (a clean, unarmored, open/open '85 rolling on Igor's old 35 12.5 MTR's). The plan was for Josh to park his truck, and he would ride along in Zilla for the rock trails until later in the day when he'd follow me out the BCT on my way home. That way he could get in some seat time in his rig without beating it up and slowing us down through the rocks. So we just had to wait for Nick.

Nick couldn't make it, but a pair of Yotas (one on 39.5's and the other on 35's) rolled up instead, but right on time! That made 4 rigs. Just about perfect... so we made our introductions, bullshitted for a bit, and it was game on.

We played around on LT, where I got the tires wet, slid down sideways a bit instead of climbing up an optional line and eventually managed to belly out Zilla. No backing off from there the way it was wedged into the rocks and she wouldn't crawl off the T-case skid... So a quick tug and we were rolling again. More playing around in LT ensued, without incident.

After LT we looped back around and went up Anaconda, where a bit of minor door and bed corner sheet metal reshaping was done to at least one of the rigs ahead of me. I rubbed armor and T-case skid in a couple spots, but that was it. No damage, no breakage to Zilla. The rig on 35's took a bit of finesse at one point, and we all made a few adjustments here and there, realigned a couple of times, and all three rigs got through pretty quickly under their own power.

It was only lunch time, so we parked and grabbed some grub on the exit from Anaconda and decided to go have a look at Collateral Damage and see what it had to offer. We weren't all decided on whether to run it, but we had the time to go check it out. As we were pulling up on the entrance to CD, one of the other Yotas had a transmission issue. With only 3rd gear working, that ended the wheeling day for him and his buddy. He said he'd been having some issues with the tranny and knew it was on its way out. I asked him if he needed me to run back home and bring the trailer out to get his rig and tow it to his place, but he and his buddies were sure they'd be able to get his rig home, running in third. With his triple case setup, he'd have some gearing options using 3rd to get him back to the hwy, and his truck was still moving under its own power. I hope they got it back ok. It was great that they happened to roll up in the morning when they did.

So we shook hands and Josh and I rolled back over to pick up his truck at LT. Then we zipped through the BCT on the way back to Black Canyon City. I had just run all of it in 2wd a few days ago, and didn't think much of it in terms of diffculty. Josh's springs were a lot stiffer than mine and his tires were still aired up. I saw he was bouncing around a lot, but he was keeping up alright. At that point we were over half way, and he didn't seem to want to air down since the majority of trail was already behind us. He might have been wishing for a kidney belt bouncing around like he was, but we were making good time and having fun bashing a little (at least I was, and I hope he was too).

In just over an hour we were back on the graded dirt road that drops out onto Maggie Mine and were heading for town. I slid the ass-end out going around a corner ripping down the dirt road (its a bit lighter back there without the top on). That got a little pucker going when it was sliding out and headed towards a drop off the side of the rd, but she got back in line and that was my only pucker factor for the day.

I only snapped a few pics with my phone, but Josh got some footage with the GoPro. So hopefully he'll have some stuff to add. Here's what I got...

Anaconda
(Holy foot-long shackles, Batman!)

LT

Degenerate

'03 D-cab Prerunner (4wd conversion)[/SIZE]
D-Cab https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115481
'85 4Runner Geared, Locked & Exo'd on 37's
Toyzilla https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168734

Last edited by Stealth 4x4; 03-04-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 11:37 AM

Yeah my kidney's are a little sore today from bouncing around in my truck. Had a good time though.

I didn't see the other guys pulled off to the side of the road on my way back so I assume they made it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode