Turkey Creek 5-18 - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Turkey Creek 5-18

After all of the planning, it just turned out to be Nick (Shokk86) and myself with my son Brandon. Nick "negotiating" the boulder laden creek bed..

Playing on some fun spots. There are a TON out there...

Just beyond here, Nick sliced a sidewall. As he and Brandon were finishing up with the spare, an old dude comes walking up the creek. He was kinda upset at first, because we went off the "main road" and were in the creek, approaching his mining operation.. Recent research with the VJC board, and I said to him in a nice voice, "You must be Bob !!??" Yep, Miner Bob. He was cool after that, we agreed to head back to the main trail, and he invited us to check out his operation. He seemed somewhat busy tracking down 2 other guys looking for water puddles, so we kindly said goodbye..

I finally stopped at the mine shaft, and as Brandon went to hop out of the truck, he was like "what the...?? He had to hop over a javelina I ran over... It was already dead though

A few misc pics of the shaft. Temp was nice in there. It went back mabe 250 feet. 1 bat flapping around deep inside in the dark.

From here it was an enjoyable cruise into Cleator, where we stopped for a drink and visit. Creek was dry, but the temps were good. Probably the last weekend below 100 degrees for a while..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 11:26 AM

Good trail stace , and thanks for the pictures. Wish I had of thought about taking a pic of those near impossible rock trails up the side of the mountain , those looked gnarly

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode