BCT, LT, Moore's Gulch - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

BCT, LT, Moore's Gulch

I took Toyzilla out for some fun tooling around Black Canyon today, followed the back roads and ended up at TM so I ran out to LT to shake down the rig a little more after some recent light mods. Good stuff, but pretty uneventful. Ran into a few people who needed directions getting out, but otherwise had the place to myself. No pics, just posting up so people know there are still wheelers out getting their junk dirty around here.

Degenerate

'03 D-cab Prerunner (4wd conversion)[/SIZE]
D-Cab https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115481
'85 4Runner Geared, Locked & Exo'd on 37's
Toyzilla https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168734
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Symon623 Send a message via MSN to Symon623 Send a message via Yahoo to Symon623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 4x4 View Post
I took Toyzilla out for some fun tooling around Black Canyon today, followed the back roads and ended up at TM so I ran out to LT to shake down the rig a little more after some recent light mods. Good stuff, but pretty uneventful. Ran into a few people who needed directions getting out, but otherwise had the place to myself. No pics, just posting up so people know there are still wheelers out getting their junk dirty around here.
Great post John, Sometimes I think you and I are the only ones getting em dirty anymore.....

Sy
85 Syota, 6.0/700r4/203/300/60's/Detroits/37 PBRR's/§XX§
02 Cummins tow rig, a few goodies
High Country Renegades
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symon623 View Post
Great post John, Sometimes I think you and I are the only ones getting em dirty anymore.....
I dunno, I think even though some of the guys I used to wheel with a lot like Igor and Chris are sort of in wheeling limbo right now (due to work, the status of their builds, life, etc), there are still plenty of wheelers around here getting out. Its just this local AZ board isn't seeing the traffic it used to. When I first moved to Black Canyon from Flag, swapped the Prerunner to 4wd and switched over from dirt bikes to wheeling, AZTTORA sort of invited me in and got me started... so I still feel a bit of loyalty to this board, and this group of wheelers. I kind of hate to see it slow down, so I like to post up and show there is still a little life in us as a club, even though I know guys are still beating their junk out there on their own runs.

Even when I was just getting started, I wheeled with lots of different clubs (still do) all over the west and people were really friendly and quick to make suggestions, offer a spot thru an obstacle, and offer helpful pointers. Jon Bundrant of AllPro, Wyatt of RST, Peps and Carlos of Global Offroad, Jason Demello, Eric and Jay at Yotamasters, Hytenor, JeepGuy, all the TWA guys and half of the TTORA guys out of SoCal, and pretty much all of COTTORA welcomed me even as a new wheeler running IFS and 31's! I appreciated that.

Around here folks have been great to wheel with! Guys like MarkinAZ, Chef, Kaistie, Bovads, Sy, Payne, Eric, the Nates and the Mikes, and a bunch of other guys I ran into on different runs, plus a few local IFS guys really made me feel welcome, helped out with mods and fab work, went wheeling with me, etc. Pretty much everyone at AZRocks X including the whole Degenerates crew was tons of fun to hang and wheel with this year. So I feel like we've got loads of fun wheelers around these parts who know how to party and still get their rock on when its time to hit the trails. Something about the way AZTTORA treated me on the whole even as a noob just left me with a lingering loyalty to what I consider my home club.

You and I are certainly not the only ones out rock crawling, Sy. Its just for whatever reason activity on the board has slowed down. Its cool. I still hit Parker, Payson, Moab, Hammers twice, AZRocks X, and a bunch of local runs this year already. So I'm still getting out. Just that it'd be cool to see a few more AZTTORA runs and keep that friendly helpful thing going for the next generation of wheelers is all.

Degenerate

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Takama's-N-Shit!

That's what it's all about!....... I always enjoy the "mixed" company this club has brought around and through the years I have met a bunch of great people. Lately it seems that life has gotten in the way for a lot of folks that were regulars on the boards (including myself) I'm working on trying to get back on the roadless side of the fence, but it's been a slow year and I have a bunch of junk to fix that's been keeping me from getting out there.

I Break for Rocks.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 05:49 PM

nice post john. between the economy and broken junk or junk being upgraded a lot of the people arnt out wheeling, but there are a lot of others that are. enjoy it i wish i could be out ther.i plan to get out more once i am done with my sas and 63,s not to mention the motor from bovads. but it sould be within a month or so.

90 4-runner, 5" lift, 285-75-16 , 77 chevy dana 44 front sas, custom bumpers,97 e-locker rear,12,000 # winch,bovads 3.slow with headers,more side protection soon.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 08:20 PM
Veteran Member

I "wheel" all the time, it's just a much kinder, gentler type of wheeling.

Toyota Tacoma....the Prius of "trucks".
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 08:27 PM

computer wheeling is much gentler

90 4-runner, 5" lift, 285-75-16 , 77 chevy dana 44 front sas, custom bumpers,97 e-locker rear,12,000 # winch,bovads 3.slow with headers,more side protection soon.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbronco View Post
computer wheeling is much gentler
LOL, not quite that gentle.

Toyota Tacoma....the Prius of "trucks".
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Symon623 Send a message via MSN to Symon623 Send a message via Yahoo to Symon623
Completely understand John but it did get a few peeps to post up a bit.

I realize a lot of peeps are in the same boats that you mentioned and a lot others wheel but don't post about it.......

I was merely stirring the pot John......

Sy
High Country Renegades
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MerMan
Too fawkin hot to wheel.

AZ Undertakers
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 10:27 AM
Veteran Member

I'm with Uriel. Got my A/C fixed now though...
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerMan View Post
Too fawkin hot to wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceman View Post
I'm with Uriel. Got my A/C fixed now though...
I definitely hear you on that. But, its been cooling off a little lately. Those trails up in Payson have been pretty comfortable wheeling weather. I was just up there with another club a few weekends ago. Another month or two and we should have our nice late fall to early winter wheeling weather back here in the low country. If you can get the time off, its a perfect time of year for a wheeling trip to Colorado though...

We usually go up right around now. Unfortunately, this year we're demolishing the old house and building a new house. So the travel budget got dumped into the house budget at the last minute, and that means no Colorado trip this year, no South America trip this year, no new mods for the rigs, etc. Like I said above, sometimes life gets in the way of wheeling.

Because of missing our annual CO wheeling trip this year, next year the Colorado trip is going to be on in a big way! You guys with beat up, busted ass crawlers... take the next 12 months to get your shit fixed and save your pennies for gas so you guys can join us for some epic wheeling in Colorado around Aug-Sept of 2014!

Degenerate

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 12:06 PM

sounds good john ill definatly be ready by then. hopefully payne gets his stuff ready for then too.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbronco View Post
sounds good john ill definatly be ready by then. hopefully payne gets his stuff ready for then too.

Degenerate

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUX X 4 View Post
That's what it's all about!....... I always enjoy the "mixed" company
What do you mean by "mixed"? lol

92 YJ 37's, HPD44/lockrite, 8.8/detroit, TeraLow 4:1
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Takama's-N-Shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethaljeep View Post
What do you mean by "mixed"? lol
I don't discriminate! I include all "personalities"!

I Break for Rocks.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Because of missing our annual CO wheeling trip this year, next year the Colorado trip is going to be on in a big way! You guys with beat up, busted ass crawlers... take the next 12 months to get your shit fixed and save your pennies for gas so you guys can join us for some epic wheeling in Colorado around Aug-Sept of 2014!
Would like to find my way up there some time. A good friend from Flagstaff is moving up to Montrose, so I have more than one excuse to go up there. The kids will also be a little older and easier to handle at home without help.

84 Toyota Crawler
98 4Runner Limited 4x4 e-locker
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJackson View Post
Would like to find my way up there some time. A good friend from Flagstaff is moving up to Montrose, so I have more than one excuse to go up there. The kids will also be a little older and easier to handle at home without help.
Heck yeah, I love me some Colorado wheeling and I'm sure you will too. Montrose has some good trails from what I hear. Would love to run some of those Montrose trails one of these years.

Degenerate

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 07:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJackson View Post
Quote:
Heck yeah, I love me some Colorado wheeling and I'm sure you will too. Montrose has some good trails from what I hear. Would love to run some of those Montrose trails one of these years.
They do have great trails up there........ Die tryin is the only one I have attempted in my pre-Toyota days....... Twice I ran it and it was pretty tough. Wanna try it again. There are a few other good ones in the same little area there.

Sy
High Country Renegades
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
They do have great trails up there........ Die tryin is the only one I have attempted in my pre-Toyota days....... Twice I ran it and it was pretty tough. Wanna try it again. There are a few other good ones in the same little area there.
Right on, Sy. I've seen some pics of those trails and they do look challenging. If you can help me link at least one of the axles on Zilla, and maybe flatten the belly a bit, I'll go hit Montrose with you.

Degenerate

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Pretty much everyone at AZRocks X including the whole Degenerates crew was tons of fun to hang and wheel

Represent.... haha. Yeah i need sliders, and then iill be ready.

AZ "clique" member
Degenerate

tow truck
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 10:38 AM

Colorado

Quote:
Jeep guy and I ran Die Tryin this summer and it was the one of the best trails I have ever run. Really technical and tough but not a lot of rollover crash and burn type stuff.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Sounds like a good challenge!

Degenerate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode