TTORA Forum banner

New Mexico SAS with a little AZ love (hopefully!)

19K views 90 replies 17 participants last post by  boostaholic9 
#1 ·
Alright guys, I have been dreaming of doing this for a while now and to be honest after seeing the AZ boys tear some shit up ITS FUCKING TIME TO STEP IT UP! (Story Time) I went on line and did a little homework, and going with 1 tons would be great but I really don't see that in the near future. I did come across a good deal on a complete suspension, axles and tires though. The only thing that I may have a problem with is this came off a 96 single cab and mine is a 00 ext cab. i do know that there is a difference in the rear leaf spring lengths. my springs measure 54 1/4 (i believe) from eye to eye and these measure 52",( he said these were long springs, how true is that, i don't know). and the 96 was a 4 cyl and mine is a V6 so more than likely the front springs are going to sag a little, but i did hear that the early 4 banger was an iron block and it weighs just as much as a newer V6, so i hope someone can answer that question. I got the driveshafts too, i haven't looked yet but i think i might need to make new ones cause the single cab rear shaft is shorter than the ext shaft. I pulled the trigger and now its time to tear in to this thing.

Here are the axles:

Ford 9"er: 5.13 Gears and a spool, pretty plain.

High Pinion 44: Cromo Shafts all the way through, locker and 5.13 gears, and full hydro steer.

and the front of it

the springs are Alcan Progressive rates with All-Pro Greasable Shackles
Front:

and rear:

Need to Fix some shitty ass welds on them though :welder:

And the Asshole that is going to help with the Swap (he doesn't know shit about SHIT!)

and this is what it is going on:

and what takes most of my time! man i love my job! this is for a turbo jet ski, its pretty dope!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Surge (WARTOY) was the one that sent me to you all, he is a stand up guy!

Thanks Guys!

~~Barnabie~~

See less See more
#67 ·
whatever man, when my front driveshaft is done you won't be seeing me at the sand dunes with you every weekend. cause you're HARDCORE! ;)

#79 ·
well i know its a little late but i finally got some time to post a picture of it sitting if a different spot in my drive way! lol

ill get some action shots when i get back.

i have a little work to do when i get back, i need to change the pinion angle on the rear axle. mount shocks still, and make a rear traction bar, then go out and try to break something.!

#84 ·
I wouldn't worry so much about the exact angle or degree, but rather make sure you point the pinion at the carrier bearing while its sitting on the ground. Every truck is different based off the amount of lift and weather or not you are running a one piece or two piece drivline. Just be cautions that you don't go too far or you will starve the pinion bearings of oil and burn it up. Just my 0.2Cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.