TTORA Forum banner

Longfields go boom!

4K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  cruiserjim 
#1 ·
Did a lil wheelin this weekend and exploded a 30 spline Long in the middle of CD.It was really my fault(hopefully Bobby does'nt read this),was doing a front dig in the wrong place at the wrong time.Caught an undercut boulder on my passanger side and with 40"tires and 3.5lbs of air,it was just too much for one axle to handle.It had to go one day I guess.But im not mad at these things,they take a BEATING!..Shit im surprised they lasted so long with out a breakage.I'll continue running Bobby's stuff as long as I am in the game:headbang:

See less See more
#3 ·
Nothing else got damaged,pulled it out put everything back together and drove out in 3wheel drive with a lil winching lol....I have no idea on how many runs I've done with the 40's..too many to count.I've been running 40s for about 1.5 year.

#7 ·
Uriel, I'm going to call him today and mention you should be one of his "official testers"!:eek: :D I have definately seen you beat those things as hard as anyone (OK harder:D )!

Where's the pic of the inner, I know it wasn't looking real great either?

#9 ·
CD1 Fall at ~12:30-1am Friday night/Saturday morning, everyone is above the top and Uriel walks back to his rig, move about 6 feet, then gets out and walks back up to the fall, "Would you guys believe me if I say I think I broke a Longfield?"

#10 ·
Well, I broke a 30 spline long this weekend as well.It didn't explode like Uriels,the inner star cracked on all 5 of the thin spots letting it expand and strip the splines off the inner.Bobby told me to pull the other side also and send it in to get the newer one.Pulled it and it was also cracked :eek: but the inner is good.The good news is these were the first 30 splines and the new ones have the 300m star so I should be good now.I need to finish my other shit and keep this one on the bunny trails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.