Six Shooter - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Six Shooter

just curious if anybody has tried trail gears six shooter set up? i am building a sas'd runner for a guy and he is set on running these knuckles and high steer. any input?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to ATLRoach
Do you really think they are worth it? I'm running ARPs for quarter of the price of the upgrade. Also the T-G TREs FUCKING SUCK, CHEAP CHINA POSs!

Kyle
03 Tundra - SAWs, Wheelers AAL, BILs, 295s on FJ80 wheels
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Bear's Chauffeur

Send a message via AIM to 98taco4x
Yeah a buddy of mine got him and he said he was not impressed and they where a bitch to install. He said he wished he hadn't of done it. And you have to get the backing plate eliminator cause there is no way to make the factory one work with out just destroying it or having it rub somewhere.

98 Tacoma 4wd xcab Sr5 2.7 auto, 265/75/R16 Kelly Safari TSR's, Mossyrock's Sliders, 881's and billy's, OME dakar leafs and shocks.
83 4wd pickup 22r some sort of lift, 5.29's, 36 tsl's, lockrite and spool, and a complete disregard for body damage alot more mods in the works

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member

I'm running ARP's with hydro assist and I don't babby it...

Never had a problem. I'm going to add a 5th stud and be done with it, never look back. The biggest problem is when people don't do maintance on their vehicles.

CA4WDC, BRC, and Tread Lightly
SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY AND THE HAMMERS!
WWW.FOJV.ORG
Keep the effort alive! Get involved!

Spotters are for pussys!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

okay thanks for the input ill pass it on
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member

Go ARP's and a 5th stud or drill and tap the knuckle for 9/16" d44 knuckle studs.

Last edited by PappaF2; 06-08-2007 at 01:30 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 08:20 AM

On the other side-
I was the winner of the TG 6 stud giveaway on Pirate a couple months ago. Dont think that swayed me to their side. It showed up and i got out my magnifying glasses to find fault.
Its a bomber setup with no fitment issues. Very stout. The tie rod and drag link are larger dia./thicker guage than my "old" All Pro. The arms are huge and beautiful.
The Knuckles are the same. And as a bonus are reversible, should you ever bust one (and happen to have a spare).
Yes, the TRE's (though no issues yet) do seem lesser than stock FJ's, but do have a service zerk on the top.
Yes, cant use a backing plate. Just cut the inner mounting ring off your stock ones if you need to save $15.
Trail Gear has its Issues, dont we all. But I do think they did a great job and happened to fill a void that was needed in Toy community.
Course, I got mine for freeeeeeee
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidaro View Post
On the other side-
I was the winner of the TG 6 stud giveaway on Pirate a couple months ago. Dont think that swayed me to their side. It showed up and i got out my magnifying glasses to find fault.
Its a bomber setup with no fitment issues. Very stout. The tie rod and drag link are larger dia./thicker guage than my "old" All Pro. The arms are huge and beautiful.
The Knuckles are the same. And as a bonus are reversible, should you ever bust one (and happen to have a spare).
Yes, the TRE's (though no issues yet) do seem lesser than stock FJ's, but do have a service zerk on the top.
Yes, cant use a backing plate. Just cut the inner mounting ring off your stock ones if you need to save $15.
Trail Gear has its Issues, dont we all. But I do think they did a great job and happened to fill a void that was needed in Toy community.
Course, I got mine for freeeeeeee
Trail Gear did not design that knuckle, Marlin did. They simply took the design and started producing them for cheap but made it basically impossible for Marlin to sell them. (all technically legal, though poor ethics)
The void trail gear filled was the ability to cheaply mass produce parts.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Veteran Member

Oh hell here we go again....... Let it rest already. We know some of you guys don't like Trail Gear now so be it. People are not going to stop buying stuff from them just cause someone bitches about them in every post that there name is mentioned in.

Im not arguing with you. Im just jumping in on something I dont know or care about!!

VSU_4runnin -
"The second looks like it got dragged through a JC Whitney catalog"
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 08:38 PM

^^^^ No crap! Quit crying about it.I am tired of hearing about it all the time too. Back to the question at hand, I have installed a couple of these on a few trail trucks and they seem pretty stout. We haven't had anybody break as of yet. But like mentioned before I don't care to much for the (small) tie-rod ends. If it were mine I would install some good 3 peice chromoly heims instead of Tie-rod ends.

Buy my 4runner: https://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105343
97 SR5 4runner, Automatic. 2.5" Donahoes, Total Chaos Upper arms, Custom swaybar links in front. Rear Downey 3.5" rear coils, Bilstien shocks, 2" 4Crawler Body Lift. Sonoran rear Panhard bar, Bombproof Sliders. American Racing Teflon Victor rims wrapped in 295/75/16 Hankook Mt's, Bushwacker Flares and a bunch of other cool stuff.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to waskillywabbit Send a message via Yahoo to waskillywabbit
I have the six stud steering arms and the six stud knuckles on my 85 4Runner, along w/ the ARP studs, and they were as easy to install as any other steering arm/knuckle I've done. Everything else bolted up just like before although I did have to clearance the knuckles for the Longfield 30 splines, but that is happens about 50% of the time it seems. I tested them at Tellico last weekend and they performed just fine, but I was leading a group on the moderate trails. They will get hammered on soon enough.

Some of you guys need to get your facts straight as Trail Gear gives Marlin credit for the knuckle design on their website.
http://www.trail-gear.com/steering.html

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Wes
Veteran Member

Riigghhtt... umm, get a 17mm wrench and learn the difference between lefty loosey and righty tighty, get off your lazy ass once a month and run the stock shit. I don't get all the knuckle overkill with the toyota shit. I wonder how many 44 guys would kill for a 4stud arm?

"i'll help when i get home.
help by standing around and scratching my butt and drinking your beer, that is how you help someone work on their truck, right?"

-Molly
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member

I'm totally gonna fuck this up HAHA!

New(to me):
2006 Sport Edition 4WD 4Runner
2.5" Bilstein 5100 in front
1.5" spacer out back
265/75R17 Mickey Thompson ATZ's
Eagle Series 140 in 17x8

OLD:
05' TRD 4x4
96' Tacoma 2.7 Ext Cab 5spd w/ a mod or 2

85' 4Runner Build Up Thread
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member

No Fuck You........ You Cock Sucker!

New(to me):
2006 Sport Edition 4WD 4Runner
2.5" Bilstein 5100 in front
1.5" spacer out back
265/75R17 Mickey Thompson ATZ's
Eagle Series 140 in 17x8

OLD:
05' TRD 4x4
96' Tacoma 2.7 Ext Cab 5spd w/ a mod or 2

85' 4Runner Build Up Thread
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode