Thank you, thank you all! - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Talking Thank you, thank you all!

I've decided to grace you all with my pressence long enough to inform you that the tabloids have brought me to the spotlingt as usual! So for all my adoring fans check out page 80 of petersons 4wheel and offroad mag!

That will be all.

Whats left of a 85 Toyota, 22r Slightly Modified, Got propane, lots of tube n stuff.

=Greene County Crevise Crawlers=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Veteran Member

I saw that today. Congrats!

(and kudos for beating all of us to it)

'87 FJ60 Land Cruiser
'04 4Runner V8 Sport 4x2
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 06:22 PM

Congrats!!!

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” ~John Wayne

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Well I had a really fat head that weekend after making that rock section look easy in front of the camera man. Just think I wanted to hit the bypass and move on up the trail before letting my friend Orlan talk me into going through with that section of trail. Belive it or not I usually thrive with an audiance, but at that particular time I was nervous as heck.

I can't belive how ugly my toy looks in that pic. Well its all getting changed now. I'll have some pics of the sawzall action after I find my camera cord.

Whats left of a 85 Toyota, 22r Slightly Modified, Got propane, lots of tube n stuff.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 09:38 PM

That just ruined this month's entire 4 wheel & off-road magazine for me. I got my copy in the mail today b4 lunch, but just now (10:30 pm) got a chance to sit down & read through it. Here I was on page 17.
OK, congrats from OldTruck!!
It's cool that I know people that are cool.
sab

OldTruck38
'86 Toyota 4x4 IFS pickup - faded black, Lincoln locked
31" LTB's, Smittybilt 8K winch, Faber Fab slider & front bumper

'72 Toyota FJ40 - sky blue - stock

http://community.webshots.com/user/oldtruck38

TLCA - 17570
Blue Rib Col - 51402
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gittinit View Post
Well I had a really fat head that weekend after making that rock section look easy in front of the camera man. Just think I wanted to hit the bypass and move on up the trail before letting my friend Orlan talk me into going through with that section of trail. Belive it or not I usually thrive with an audiance, but at that particular time I was nervous as heck.
Where was this?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan7118 View Post
Where was this?
Flat Nast at new years. I love going up there for new years and I hope to make it a tradition. Each year since my first time I have been able to convince more and more people to bring their rigs up. This year I got my jeep buddy (no pic of him) to bring his exoed cherokee up. Some of the offcamber spots scarred him so I took him backwards through some. he took it pretty well though and said he wants to go back.

After I reserect my toy i'm gonna have to plan a trip up there.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTruck View Post
That just ruined this month's entire 4 wheel & off-road magazine for me. I got my copy in the mail today b4 lunch, but just now (10:30 pm) got a chance to sit down & read through it. Here I was on page 17.
OK, congrats from OldTruck!!
It's cool that I know people that are cool.
sab
Its a good feeling knowing that they had good things to say, and that out of all the rigs there I got fit into a 3 page article. I gues I was just in the right place at the right time. Yall should have seen the looooooooooooong line of rigs who came up behind (Fred)the camera man, they all wanted in the mag i'm shure.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member

Too bad for Orlan..you know it had to piss him off talking about him being hung up all day on the rocks... Hell I was so interested in you and the other toyotas in that article that it took me a good 15 minutes of looking to notice him.

-=Greene County Crevice Crawlers=-
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Veteran Member

OMG now i gotta go buy a mag

AR-TTORA founder/current President, www.ar-ttora.com
22R bored .060 over, LCEngineeing stage II race cam, 3236 weber,
entire drivetrain from www.Marlincrawler.com 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52HD 5 speed + dual transfer case. Driveline E-brake, front suspension and hi-steer from www.allprooffroad.com
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddemon_06 View Post
Too bad for Orlan..you know it had to piss him off talking about him being hung up all day on the rocks... Hell I was so interested in you and the other toyotas in that article that it took me a good 15 minutes of looking to notice him.

Yea he has made it through that spot once before, but every time he'd move the rocks would roll, or a tire would spin. It was bad, And there were onlookers everywhere, so he just backed out and took the bypass.

Fred even tried spotting for him, and he just couldnt hit the right line. I've been hung up on that spot for hours trying to find the right line. It changes everytime I'm up there, but this time I hit it on the G spot, while some of the others keps hitting the rim.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Veteran Member

Looked for a mag at Wal-Mart tonight (even though I have a subscription...) and couldn't find it... Dang't...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode