TTORA Forum banner

Marlin MC09-T360 Carnage

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  01yota 
#1 ·
I've been leaking lots of gear oil since I got hung up on Ingrid's last weekend. I thought it was the transfer case leaking, but it turns out it was the MC09. And I mean lots of gear oil. It stayed dry all weekend up until Ingrids and then continued to leak on my driveway while it was parked.

The MC09 is actually two halves that bolt together with 4 allen head bolts. The bolt holes on my adapter stripped out a couple of threads on all 4 bolt holes and the bolts were just hanging in there loose. My rear case was basically just hanging on there, lucky I put it back on the trailer right after that. It probably happened when I got hung up on my rear transfer case.

I could maybe re-tap those holes, but I don't know if it will ever be strong enough. Luckily this thing is clockable 360 degrees in 5 degree increments. I'll probably just clock it some so I can use new unused bolt holes.

Here's a couple pics of the two halves that bolt together.

See less See more
#2 ·
Dang, dude. That sucks!

Could you drill and tap to a larger size? I guess 5* of rotation up wouldn't be all that bad if it doesn't create the domino (not Aaron) effect on stuff that has to be changed. Crossmember, seat mounts, shifters, driveshaft, skid plates... yadda yadda...

#6 ·
Back in business boys!! The rear case is now clocked 5 degrees. It fit in there fine, I may slightly bend my shifters, but it doesn't really need it.

I didn't buy it already assembled so I doubt they would warranty it. I have an Inchworm transmission adapter and then the MC09.

Now to build/buy a beefy belly skid...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.