gittinit - fixinit (AKA The UglyDuckling) - Page 15 - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #421 of 424 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

3rd trip was to SMORR in missouri. I had a great trip with oly a broken front diff to slow me down. Changed it out with the spare and wheel late into the night. Loaded it on the trailer with no carnage.

Just a week ago I made my fourth trip since the rebuild this time i had a great feel for the rig and was confident enough to turn the reins over to my son on saturday night. Keep in mind my son has grown into a young man, he is 15 and 6'5" tall. he climed some trails that waould make me a little uneasy and as the night got darker we headed down a steep drop off, gassed it to soon causing us to bounce a bit which sheared a lower trunion, broke a longfield and a ring gear all at the same time. Lets hope thats the extent of the damage.

Whats left of a 85 Toyota, 22r Slightly Modified, Got propane, lots of tube n stuff.

=Greene County Crevise Crawlers=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 424 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

updates

long time updates... the last year ive spent building a bad ass jeep for a good friend and his son. The build was a success and im proud to say ive turned out a going rig. finished its first race after leaving my shop just a week before. Im now back on mine and linking the front as well as oil pan skid and wheel base stretch hope it works out as planned. this thing has become a disaster to rebuild. nothing is square enough for me anymore. It makes it hard to continue working on it knowing it no longer fits the desirable build level I wish to achive. With that said its still pretty neat and will work just fine.

Whats left of a 85 Toyota, 22r Slightly Modified, Got propane, lots of tube n stuff.

post #423 of 424 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

May I Present "The Outsider"

post #424 of 424 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode