Its been quite some time since I have announced any changes for this turd. Heres a heads up of whats happening.
For the few months before selling my house I had been worrking on an 86 extra cab that was going to be a replacement of sorts for my red rig. I went over it in my head quite a few times, and decided to just build another rig that would get me through till I can manage what I really wanted. As time went by I got buisy with buying a new home, and building the shop, so I just sort of left things as they were.
Now that I'm settled in the new place I decided to put my shop to use and drug the extracab back out of the weeds. I finally got the bed back from my bodyshop buddy, and put it on. I also decided not to put all the effort and money into doing a sas on it although I already have an axle for it. As it is I have been having problems with it running. It would idle, fine, but would die as soon as I pulled out of the drive. I swapped the webber off of the red truck onto it and all is good, or will be after all the sand is finally filtered from the tank. (don't ask)
Currently i'm lowering the rear via sinking the shackles through the rear of the frame, and possibly the spring hangers will be set into the frame as well. This is all due to me not wanting more than a 33" tire and wanting to keep the ifs. This rig will someday be the one I drive to hotsprings or where ever for a getaway. It gets expensive loading up and towing the red truck every time I want to just get away.
Speaking of the red truck I justifyied disabling it by ordering propane from carry at GOT PROPANE. The kit should be here thurs or friday. I'm looking forward to not having carb issues in those harry situations. I also plan to have a 3rd case installed before the ttora event, but we will see how it goes.
I'll get some pics If I ever rember to pick up some camera batterys.