gittinit - fixinit (AKA The UglyDuckling) - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 424 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

gittinit - fixinit (AKA The UglyDuckling)

For a while now I have been wanting a four seater, but I can't bring myself to cut the cab on this thing. edit: cab has been cut as of 4/08

Stats:

started as 85 regular cab
22r /38 webber carb, and k/n filter bored 60 over and rebuilt by me (Installed kit from Got Propane in mar 09)
single deep cell battery
Marlin crawler highsteer crossover
Hydro assist with 1 1/2x 6"stroke cylinder
Marlin dual cases with stock 2.28 gears
30 spline longfield superaxles, and cromoly hub gears
5.29ring and pinions front(detroit)
5.29 v6r&p rear(Welded)
36 13.5 Iroc bias ply tires on 15x8 wagon wheels/ weld on beadlocks, powdercoated black with red rings ( 38.5 14.5 sx on 15x10 black rockrawlers 11/09 no beadlocks for now)
Square 1/4 wall front shaft, 3/16 wall rear shaft(not balanced)
Exo cage 1 3/4x 1.20 wall HREW (cut and removed cage, then rebuilt buggy/truggy, no windshield)
Warn 8264 upright winch
Front suspension-Origonal rears up front with s-10 rears added ORU lift shackles Rancho 5012 shocks 1.5 wheel spacers (2" spacers 08)
Rear suspension- 63"chevy springs, and homemade shackles, and homemade taller than stock perches procomp shocks
Aftermarket seats up front jeep yj seat in back (summer of 09 I removed all but the front clip and installed new cage, 4link, and 16" airshocks)
Tube, and full doors (no doors 09)
Custom diff armor/ shaved rear diff
T cases tucked up for a almost flat bottom side

I will keep this origonal post updated as much as possible as I continue to change this truck. If you have any questions pm me.

Whats left of a 85 Toyota, 22r Slightly Modified, Got propane, lots of tube n stuff.

=Greene County Crevise Crawlers=

Last edited by gittinit; 11-11-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 424 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Whats left of a 85 Toyota, 22r Slightly Modified, Got propane, lots of tube n stuff.

post #3 of 424 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member

WOW!

If I had the coin, I'd jump all over it.

Good luck.

'87 FJ60 Land Cruiser
'04 4Runner V8 Sport 4x2

post #4 of 424 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I'm kinda doubtfull it will sell, but mabye this will help me figure out whats next.

post #5 of 424 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 08:25 PM

I need some parts.........

I'zaaa justa kindin

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” ~John Wayne
post #6 of 424 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkieTaco View Post
I need some money to buy your truck........

Then I'd be sooo cool!
There I fixed it for ya.

What ya need , I have tons of junk here and there, just not exactly everything I want.

post #7 of 424 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 08:05 PM

Nah I already have an 85 right now. I need a passenger side window switch. If you could find me one that would be great.I like the tube work on your truck. Me and Paul (Newman99) just got alot done today for my flatbed. Ill post a build up thread later this week. Nursing school starts tomorrow .

post #8 of 424 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Passenger side window switch? For power windows? Sorry no power window stuff here.Just good old reliable crank winders.

post #9 of 424 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 04:58 PM

Well my power window works on the driver side but the switch on the D-side doesnt work for the passenger side. So I need a switch for the passenger side door to tell if the motor is good. Anyways great looking rig man good luck on the sale.

post #10 of 424 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gittinit View Post
ok here it is I'm gonna put this truck up for sale. I can't belive I'm doing this.
For a while now I have been wanting a four seater, but I can't bring myself to cut the cab on this thing.
Stats:

85 regular cab
22r /38 webber carb, and k/n filter bored 60 over and rebuilt by me
Brand new deep cell battery
Marlin crawler highsteer crossover Hydro assist with 1 1/2x 6"stroke cylinder
Marlin dual cases with stock 2.28 gears
30 spline longfield superaxles, and cromoly hub gears
5.29 Yukon ring and pinions front(lockright) and rear(Welded)
36 13.5 Iroc bias ply tires on 15x8 wagon wheels/ weld on beadlocks, powdercoated black with red rings
Square 1/4 wall front shaft, 3/16 wall rear shaft(not balanced)
Exo cage 1 3/4x 1.20 wall HREW
Warn 8264 upright winch
Front suspension-Origonal rears up front with s-10 rears added ORU lift shackles Rancho 5012 shocks 1.5 wheel spacers
Rear suspension- 63"chevy springs, and homemade shackles, and homemade taller than stock perches procomp shocks
Aftermarket seats, verry nice, tunerFX
Tube, and full doors
Custom diff armor
cooler mount and tool box built into flatbed
T cases tucked up for a almost flat bottom side

I'm shure there is more, but I can't think of it right now. I'm not gonna list this any where else, and I'm not 100% on selling, but I am shure I want another rig. I may just have to get a ballanced rear shaft, and use it for commuting, its that reliable.

$6000 takes it home,or wheeling whichever you choose.
I lowered the price a little. Make me some reasonable offers.
WTF! I THINK I JUST SHAT MY PANTS.. You selling the red wasp? No way... You've gotta build something else before you drop this one.

-=Greene County Crevice Crawlers=-
post #11 of 424 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I'm gonna start building sometime this fall, money permitting. I'm still not shure what I'm gonna do yet, but 4 seats are for shure.

post #12 of 424 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Well fall came and went, and I just couldn't justify a new build. I wheeled all winter then after we got our 1st warm spell I started cutting. This is what I wound up with, and I don't like it. It serves its purpose, but it just dosent seep pleasing some how.

I'm still kicking around ideas for a new rig. I havent made up my mind yet though, if I will start over or just keep cutting away at this rig.

post #13 of 424 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Veteran Member

KEEP IT it screams GITTINIT

AR-TTORA founder/current President, www.ar-ttora.com
22R bored .060 over, LCEngineeing stage II race cam, 3236 weber,
entire drivetrain from www.Marlincrawler.com 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52HD 5 speed + dual transfer case. Driveline E-brake, front suspension and hi-steer from www.allprooffroad.com
post #14 of 424 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 02:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79coyotefrg View Post
KEEP IT it screams GITTINIT
Close..but to me he still lacks the fading flames down the hood and fenders for that name. AH HAH thats it that's what it's been missing all along! Still think it should have been called the red wasp.

All joking aside I like it..that rear-most down tubes are the thing to me that is throwing the lines off..you've got good lines everywhere else but that one is like sticking out like a sore thumb.

And where are the nice rocky pics at? New wheeling location? Can't seem to place them in my head.

-=Greene County Crevice Crawlers=-
post #15 of 424 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddemon_06 View Post
Close..but to me he still lacks the fading flames down the hood and fenders for that name. AH HAH thats it that's what it's been missing all along! Still think it should have been called the red wasp.

All joking aside I like it..that rear-most down tubes are the thing to me that is throwing the lines off..you've got good lines everywhere else but that one is like sticking out like a sore thumb.

And where are the nice rocky pics at? New wheeling location? Can't seem to place them in my head.
Hotsprings. I belive that is "4fingers". You get that build done and you will be ready for those 4s and 5s, then those trails will be all so familiar.

I agree with ya about the rear downtubes, they are verry verticle, and just dont seem to blend with the rest of the rig verry well, but I wanted the ultimate in strength without going to the back of the frame/flatbed.

The flames are a good Idea as well, mabye I should tape some off and spray it with a fresh coat of red. I could have shiney red flames on a faded red truck, and it might not look to bad.

post #16 of 424 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member

shoulda been where my crooked ass line is

entire drivetrain from www.Marlincrawler.com 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52HD 5 speed + dual transfer case. Driveline E-brake, front suspension and hi-steer from www.allprooffroad.com
post #17 of 424 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I agree but without the more verticle bar there isnt the triangulation I was wanting back there. Mabye I should have both. It needs some sort of x in the back too. I will prolly just run it though as I do plan to have passengers get out before I get too stupid.

post #18 of 424 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Could yall move this to the section for buildups. I will edit out the price, as it is no longer for sale.

post #19 of 424 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Could yall move this to the section for buildups. I will edit out the price, as it is no longer for sale.
You want it under Tech or General Discussion? I can move it for you.

'87 FJ60 Land Cruiser
'04 4Runner V8 Sport 4x2
post #20 of 424 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaJosh View Post
You want it under Tech or General Discussion? I can move it for you.
Prolly general discussion couse I don't have much tech to offer. Its not really a buildup either, its just me showing my junk as I change it. I dunno, where ever you think it belongs, will be fine with me.

Thanks Josh!

post #21 of 424 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Veteran Member

Done. Lemme know if you want to rename it.

'87 FJ60 Land Cruiser
'04 4Runner V8 Sport 4x2
post #22 of 424 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaJosh View Post
Done. Lemme know if you want to rename it.
Michaels Jungle Gym

post #23 of 424 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79coyotefrg View Post
Michaels Jungle Gym
Yup!

How about gittinit-"fixinit" I always liked that title on my old build thread. Better yet I could just call it scrap metal, couse thas what it will be sooner or later. OOOOH name it UglyDuckling, yea thats fitting!

I guess since I havent been suscessful at selling this 86extra cab I have, I may have to build it. I did find a 85 4rnr for $300, that had an engine fire. It would make a great canidate for adrivetrain swap from my red tube creation.

post #24 of 424 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member

thats weird i guess i didnt know what i was doing

i tried to change the title last night but

post #25 of 424 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 07:40 AM

Curtain climbers a plenty on that rig.....looks like they're trying to decide where to go once they figure out how to get it started & in gear.....

'95 4Runner 3.0 Automatic - ARB lockers front & rear - quick change cv mod - shocks & rear springs upgraded - sonoran steel IFS truss - ball joint spacers - bronze idler arm bushings & truss
post #26 of 424 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenjen View Post
Curtain climbers a plenty on that rig.....looks like they're trying to decide where to go once they figure out how to get it started & in gear.....
Oh man the kids flock to this thing like playground equipment. I can't keep em off it. I guess the neighbor kids are inveous cous my kids have there own rolling jungle gym.

post #27 of 424 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Oh man the kids flock to this thing like playground equipment. I can't keep em off it. I guess the neighbor kids are inveous cous my kids have there own rolling jungle gym.
rolls and drives

post #28 of 424 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 12:27 PM

The little girl behind the wheel looks like she's telling them "find a place to sit & hang on, I'm startin' this puppy & findin' some trouble to get into!"

'95 4Runner 3.0 Automatic - ARB lockers front & rear - quick change cv mod - shocks & rear springs upgraded - sonoran steel IFS truss - ball joint spacers - bronze idler arm bushings & truss
post #29 of 424 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenjen View Post
The little girl behind the wheel looks like she's telling them "find a place to sit & hang on, I'm startin' this puppy & findin' some trouble to get into!"
Notice the shirt on the boy on the back. "National TTORA Takeover 2006 HotSprings Arkansas". My kiddos , although my daughter does get scarred some, love wheeling!

post #30 of 424 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Notice the shirt on the boy on the back. "National TTORA Takeover 2006 HotSprings Arkansas". My kiddos , although my daughter does get scarred some, love wheeling!
i dont blame her, i'd get scared too

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode