TTORA Forum banner

Miller Jeep Trail - June 22, 2019

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  ShowStop 
#1 ·
TTORA SO-CAL

presents

Miller Jeep Trail

Note the revised date!

Miller Jeep Trail is located off Interstate 5 about an hour's drive north of Los Angeles. It is quite short -- only three miles, but to get there you first have to take the much longer Lockwood Mountain Trail, which winds over several mountain ridges taking you from the Lockwood Valley to Lockwood Flat. Then the Miller Trail takes you straight up the side of Alamo Mountain. Most of the trails around LA are made up of rocks and shrubs, but this trail takes you up amongst the trees through the Los Padres National Forest.

The trail covers a lot of ground. You will go up and down the local mountains a few times before you make the final ascent. The final ascent up Alamo Mtn is the most difficult section of the trail. It gets steep, loose and rocky with some potential for hitting the low points and rocker panels on stock rigs pretty hard.
More on Miller

After we complete Miller, we usually hang out at the "skills" area and play around.

Vehicle Minimum Requirements: 4WD, sliders/skids, tow points, 31" tires w/locker

Stock rigs should anticipate some scrapes and bruises.

Meet Point:
Flying J Truck Stop
42810 Frazier Mtn. Park Road
Lebec, CA 93243
N34 49.025 W118 53.150

You'll be able to fuel up here as well as get ice and lunch stuff.

Meet Time: 9:00 am

Total time on the trail varies by group size, but 4-6hrs is typical. We will be stopping briefly for a lunch break. It'll be warm so pack a few extra bottles of water!!

2016 Trip pictures
2015 Trip pictures
2014 Trip pictures
2013 Trip pictures

See less See more
#10 ·
Hey, hey, hey Tyler!
I'm Back! Hi all,
This is Mike aka Inspectorgadgets; I had relocated back in 2007 to Sunny Santa Barbara and I am still here. I have been a member of the SB 4x4 club for several years now and I tried to recover my account but never got a email password change, so I just changed my email account.
Anyway,
I am taking the club to Miller as well Sat; we will meet up at Flying J's around 10, hit the trail from Frazier Mountain Rd to Lockwood Rd to Lockwood Creek and down to the creek area. I have not been there in a while and I hope to see some of the OG's on the trail.
-Mike

#12 ·
Hey, ok I think we got this figured out>I hope; yup.

Ok I finished my profile, signature, and photo updates. One thing I could not fit into the signature is that my Tacoma got a New Engine Mar 2018.

Story behind that is interesting; seems SB Toyota Dealer no longer does "Toyota" engines, they farm them out to a 3rd party vender who has certification to allow a 3 year warranty on all Toyota Engines via the Dealer. Hummm, ya - I got the hook line and sinker and opted to do this last year for the sum of 5k (engine only) another 5k for the labor (OUCH)!

But, they gave me the warranty; then I go, wait I want a TRD Supercharger! So they both can break in at the same time. Dealer said NO; we no longer do TRD Superchargers! Wait, WFT! OK, I don't care, I will put one on after the break-in period anyway, via my mechanic who takes good care of the truck - this year most likely. Who cares about the 3 year "oh we will check your engine to make sure it's working ok" warranty?
The reason I need a supercharger is most likely confusing others; well it is due to the weight of my truck due to all the mods. See, inspectorgadgets does not race or do bowls on the dunes, he uses the power for fwy acceleration and performance since the weight of the truck is average at 6k.
Heck my GF car can get on the Fwy fast than me....... SUCKS!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.