TTORA Forum banner

Wellsville, OH last weekend of January

10K views 151 replies 17 participants last post by  Bear 
#1 · (Edited)
This will be a stock friendly trail ride. It will be on Saturday, January 28th

We'll plan on meeting at the rest area just South of Wellsville on SR 7 At Rt 213 http://maps.google.com/maps?q=wellsville,+oh&ll=40.568915,-80.667651&spn=0.007169,0.020385&hl=en
between 9:30-10am and go to the trails from there. If anyone is trailering, we'll drop trailers off at the industrial park just outside of the trailhead. We'll probably wheel till 4ish depending on daylight and carnage (stucks...hopefully ). Bring a lunch, and we'll eat dinner in Wellsville after wheeling.

Your vehicle needs to have: decent tires (not bald), front and rear tow points (for the rear a reciever hitch will be fine), and a full size spare tire.
You also need to bring a lunch and beverages (non-alcholic for the trail)

Recommended, but not absolutely neccessary items are: tow staps, CB, waterproof boots and a spare change of clothes

Depending on which trail head we use there may be a charge of up to $10.00 per person for entrance. You should also bring some $$$ for dinner in town after the ride.

Superposer has volunteered to make a contact list for this run (thanks) please contact him at Rock789@aol.com with your name, phone number, and rig info... he'll put it in a document, and e-mail it back to everyone going the week before the event...
just make sure the heading says something like - jan wellsville trip so he doesn't delete it thinking it's spam...

So far he has recieved info from the following people
ABN82MP
SuperPoser
Ohio03trdtaco
99TanTaco
RedRunnertc
NevDep
Doc_Sausage

See less See more
#127 · (Edited)
RedRunnertc said:
Wow - looks like you guys in the "newbie group" didn't exactly take the easy route! That was one HUGE mud puddle in the second-fifth pix from top. Tell me the 'yotas made it through and the heeps got stuck!
Everyone will get suck and need a strap at some point.I have taken a strap from a jeep and was glad they helped me out.I don't care what you wheel as long as you wheel and don't pull out the damn winch every 5 feet. :)

#129 ·
Oops ... typo.... amazing how much of a difference missing by one key can make!
You'll never see a "Jeep Recovery Team" sticker on my truck! Wheel what ya got...

And if that Liberty made it up Sturgis, I'm just going to quit 'wheeling now... :rofl:

#132 ·
#134 ·
NEVDEP said:
I don't think he tried this time but i think i have seen pics of him going up before i may be wrong.
I think your right. I think he was taking it easy after his exploding front diff incident he had last fall (alum diff housing hit rock). From some posts I've read it looks like he's looking into doing a SAC on it if it gives him anymore problems.

#135 ·
99TanTaco I just got to thinking today, witch can be a bad thing. Well I think I should may be start calling you the president. You seem to be the man with the info and plan here in northeast Ohio. Also being that there is now a few of us in the same area maybe it is time we group together and start building something up. Again this is all just a thought.

#136 ·
Not sure I want that much responsibility, but I'd be glad to help out anyone who steps forward. Most of the rides I have posted in the past were rides that started on local jeep forums (since they were the only people I could find to wheel with) This was the first ride I attempted to organize and since the jeep people have been so good to me it was only fair to include them, plus it's hard to beat Jason or Tom's trail guide service. Since this went over so good maybe there is hope for an Ohio chapter yet.

#139 ·
That spot in the trail looked tougher that it was. All we had to do was let our front ends slide down into the wash. Going around the curve was the fun part my passenger side mirror was only a couple of inches away from touching the ground and we were at a pretty good angle. It is kind of hard to explain. We also climb the hill and went back down the hill leading to the playground. Then were was kind of a wall leading out of the creek bed that we had to climb up to get out. It was one interesting trip I think we pushed our stockers pretty good.

#144 ·
ohio03trdtaco said:
That spot in the trail looked tougher that it was. All we had to do was let our front ends slide down into the wash.
I had a hell of a time going down into the wash, almost went on my side.

#145 ·
Hey! was a member that goes by the handle of Fawlome at the run this weekend? He is a newbie but wanted to purchase some parts from me but I have not heard back from him.

Just wanted to know if he was still around or not.

#151 ·
Bear said:
Hey! was a member that goes by the handle of Fawlome at the run this weekend? He is a newbie but wanted to purchase some parts from me but I have not heard back from him.

Just wanted to know if he was still around or not.
Sorry Bear didn't see your post till now. No he wasn't there and it looks like he hasn't logged in for a while http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/member.php?u=5798

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.