Which Tar?

• IROK

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • TSL SX

Votes: 13 72.2%

Swawwwwmpers

15K views 45 replies 15 participants last post by  SASbound 
#1 ·
So one day, when BR grows up he's gonna need some big tars... I really think for my kinda wheelin' and the way the truck will eventually be built (next phase anyway) that a 36+/- ish tire is all he can stand on modified Toy stuff.

So here's the Interco tars that I've admired on other folks rigs. I'm gonna go Bias cause of cost and BR is not longer used for DD duties. Not that I couldn't drive him to the trail if the tires balanced okay.

I'm goin' 17" because I wanna.. and cause I'm going bigger brakes too.

IROK, Bias, 36x13.50-17LT, 66lbs, 8ply, 4ply sidewall, 36.8 in" diameter, 17x10 wheel recom. $314.44 ea

TSL SX, Bias, 36x12.50-17LT, 75lbs, 10ply, 4ply sidewall, 36.3 in" diameter, 17x10 wheel size recom. $337.24 ea

I wish the IROK came in a 12.50 bias. I think the IROK will be a bit more flexy/pliable at lower air pressures vs. the SX

I wish the SX was lighter, but it's supposed to be a really tough tire which I like for durability reasons. It's also a bit skinnier than the IROK.. which I also like.

So wake up TTORA Ga board!!! It's dead around here!!

See less See more
#7 ·
Running the Tsl SX's in 36/12.50/17 here and love them, can't ask for anything better offroad. They flex very well also...
Nice! What air pressure is that?

I like my sx's.....but i wouldn't buy them new if i were buying new tires. They work great on anything dirt....but on straight clean rocks i don't think they grip as well as some other tires....i would be willing to give up a little dirt traction for better rock grip
So you'd go with a "sticky" tire? I'd love some stickies but sheesh... way outta my budget, not that I even have a budget :rolleyes:

#5 ·
I voted for TSX's. I've run a set in 33 radials, and am currently running ANOTHER set in 33 radials, and I love em.

I know Ed runs IROK's, and I think Brad used to. I have a set fo 38x12.50x15 BIAS TSL's at the house as well.

#6 ·
I like my sx's.....but i wouldn't buy them new if i were buying new tires. They work great on anything dirt....but on straight clean rocks i don't think they grip as well as some other tires....i would be willing to give up a little dirt traction for better rock grip

#8 ·
If i had my choice with an unlimited budget then yes.....i would have a set of sticky Treppadors....but i don't so i will keep what i have....i think part of my problem is mine are 38x1450x15 on a 8" wheel....i think a set of 1250's would work better or maybe my 1450s on a 10" wheel....i don't really know.....i just don't think they work as well as they could/should

#12 ·
i just run tires that like to cut themselves...so either one would be an improvment in my book.

btw ted, PM me your address i want to see what shipping would be to get your tire back for giggles. doesnt look like it would be much from what i have seen from others shipping tires.

#24 ·
I voted Iroks, they're lighter and slightly taller than the SX. I ran a set of tsl way back and I think the Iroks hook up better especially when grooved. the only benefit I see in the SX is the sidewall strength. Only complaint I have with Iroks is the wet traction on rocks but I'm not sure the SX would be any better. I've been looking at Maxxis Creepy Crawlers in 37s but haven't been able to find much feedback from people running them in the southeast.

#28 ·
Hows the mileage on the SX on the street? I know I was looking a the Irok Radials and alot of folks were getting great mileage out of them. Being I dont live around rocks my truck is used for a partial dd/hunting/screwing off in the woods truck and flexing out in the ditch at the corner store.lol

#29 ·
Ted

Id go with the SXs . I have the SSRs now. They are ok and the work well since i drive on the street to the trail. My next set will be SXs unless i stumble onto a deal.

sent from my Galaxy 2 Skyrocket

#44 ·
My vote now goes for 35" LTB's.....i just put a set of 40's on mine and holy crap! Grippiest dam things i have ever seen.....will easily run circles around my old sx's.....flex wayyyy better too...i have only had them out once but i am VERY impressed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.