had my lift about a year and a half... - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

had my lift about a year and a half...

so fat i'm not impressed, it was awesome at first, although a little stiff. i blamed that on having a 4cyl instead of a v6. but after about 8 months i blew a rear shock. replaced both. everything was awesome in northern arizona great setup smooth in the dirt and rocks no real issues...yet. after a summer in AZ i went back east, this is where my problems started. the threads in the upper mounts for the front have rotted out due to dissimilar metals (steel bolts in an aluminum mount) i found this out when i went to replace the front shocks...which i cant do without replacing the whole set up. after having this setup on my truck ive been telling people to save more an go in a different direction. i loved my toytec lift...when it was new...now, not so much. i have the shocks...ready to go in...and cant replace them, now i'm saving up to go in a different direction...

very disappointed.

i'm not that hard on my truck, i dont even use 4hi, if i'm in the dirt i put it in low, the lil 4cyl is just happier that way. i dont go 'hardcore' on the trails cause i dont like dumping money into my truck wastefully. now i have to because i cant even do a simple repair cause the mount have rotted out.

toytec, please consider converting to a STEEL upper mount on the front... yes the manufacturing and materials cost more. but it would seriously increase the longevity of the kit.

for now...its time to

2005 tacoma access cab 4x4
2.7L
manual trans
elec transfer (hate that thing)

king C/O and icon 3in lift w/ LR UCA's

DONT BUY TOYTEC!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to The Boy
This is a little sad to hear. I'm hoping your problem was just a freak accident but multiple things happening to you...
Do you wheel your truck hard or something?

Facebook group Yotamania https://www.facebook.com/groups/7004...15649/?fref=ts

2007 Tacoma PreRunner
4.0, x-cab, 5 speed auto, TRD off road, KC light bar, (2) KC daylighters, (2) Hella 500s, CAI, Bestop soft shell, Custom Bed Lights, Cobra CB, Kenwood head unit, Sony Xplod 10" sub, Dual 400w amp, Supercrewsound sub box

1988 Honda Hawk GT 650
https://www.facebook.com/robert.grout.79

Future Elio owner www.eliomotors.com
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member
TTORA GOLD Sponsor

I know i'm a little late to respond but please give me a call and we will get you taken care of.

My number is 303-255-4959 ext 103

-Dylan

http://www.toyteclifts.com

PM me with any questions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode