Membership Questions ????? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Membership Questions ?????

Does registering to use this forum make you a member of TTORA?

Do you have to register in the state chapters too?

So there are 934 user/members here on the new National Board.

How many were there on Delphi?

If they don't come over here are they still members?

How long is membership for?

Please no shit storm for stupid and searchable nooby questions.

I apologize in advance for lack of ability on the interweb as well as my stupidity.

Paul "Bubba" in San Antonio - NOW in SoCal
King of the Noobs & Mall Runners
2004 DC, TRD, Limited, 4x4, Lunar Mist - All Stock

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 03:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyToy

Please no shit storm for stupid and searchable nooby questions.

I apologize in advance for lack of ability on the interweb as well as my stupidity.
Each state chapter has a members roster, and it really has nothing to do with either message board. For example, NorCal's roster is here: http://www.norcalttora.com/members.php

Many TTORA members never visit any message boards. I communicate news and upcoming events to my chapter via an email list connected to the member database.

Later,
....Mike
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 03:07 PM
www.madmav.com

Ill try to answer these to the best of my ability, if im wrong someone can come behine me and correct me

Quote:
There really is no formal commitment to TTORA nation wide, so registering with this forum makes you a member of this forum, not much else. I mean we really dont check to make sure everyone has a toyota on sign up.

Quote:
Highly suggested that you do, since TTORA is more of what you make of it locally, meeting friends, wheeling and wrenching.

Quote:

Theres not a good way to find out, since everyone on delphi could go to any board delphi hosted its hard to tell how many were from TTORA as to who was just passing through.
Quote:
Well if they dont come over, they wont be members of this forum, but really membership is by state, not nation wide. Being a member of, or participation , in this forum is not required for membership state wide. In fact there are ALOT of people who stick to their state boards and never come to this one.

Quote:
Again, there is no formal commitment to TTORA on the national level. As for membership of this forum I would say at this point membership is for life, as long as you stay somewhat active. Of course if your Username goes un-used for a couple years we would probaly purge it from the database.

I hope these help.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Each state chapter has a members roster, and it really has nothing to do with either message board. For example, NorCal's roster is here: http://www.norcalttora.com/members.php

Many TTORA members never visit any message boards. I communicate news and upcoming events to my chapter via an email list connected to the member database.

Later,
....Mike
Ahhhh-soooo, then I may not even be a TTORA member? So there is no national membership list? Only state memberships?

If that is so, then everytime the Air Force moves me-then I need to rejoin?

Also, how many registered posters were on the delphi boards?

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Thank you muchas gracias (10 characters)

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 03:27 PM
www.madmav.com

Quote:
Delphi currently claims they have Over 4.5 million registered users, so thats how many who could of had access to the old board.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Ahhhh-soooo, then I may not even be a TTORA member? So there is no national membership list? Only state memberships?

If that is so, then everytime the Air Force moves me-then I need to rejoin?

There is no national list, just state chapters. The TTORA membership and message board membership are two entirely different things. When you move to Socal, go here and sign up: http://www.ttora-socal.com/ Also feel free to join the NorCal chapter, as we have runs and road trips that often overlap with the SoCal guys/girls.

There's no way to determine how many Delphi users there were since you simply signed up for Delphi, and not a particular messge board (there are thousands).

Later,
....Mike
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
There is no national list, just state chapters. The TTORA membership and message board membership are two entirely different things. When you move to Socal, go here and sign up: http://www.ttora-socal.com/ Also feel free to join the NorCal chapter, as we have runs and road trips that often overlap with the SoCal guys/girls.

There's no way to determine how many Delphi users there were since you simply signed up for Delphi, and not a particular messge board (there are thousands).

Later,
....Mike
will do thx

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 03:36 PM
www.madmav.com

Paul, can i ask you a quick question. I dont want you to get offended or insulted, please, i dont mean it that way. Is it necessary to have such large type in your signature? It really is (in my opinion and only my opinion)very obtrusive.

Nothing stoping you from doing that, I just think people might take you more seriously if your sig was a little more, professional and didnt scream at ya. My suggestion, do as you wish with it.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member

Regarding membership...I know there is primarly Tacomas here, but are other 4x4's allowed at TTORA runs. Reason I ask is at Takeover, only Tacomas were allowed. I do understand why, with the amount of rigs showing up, organizing it with others would be very difficult. Now I am seeing and hearing it is open to all Toyota enthusiast, will this apply to future Takeovers? I have only attended the Takeover, as that's the only one I have been able to run. I have a brother who has a LC and would love to run some with you guys.

Thanks.

Will
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
Paul, can i ask you a quick question. I dont want you to get offended or insulted, please, i dont mean it that way. Is it necessary to have such large type in your signature? It really is (in my opinion and only my opinion)very obtrusive.

Nothing stoping you from doing that, I just think people might take you more seriously if your sig was a little more, professional and didnt scream at ya. My suggestion, do as you wish with it.
WTF, who the hell do you think you are - a webmaster or some shit?

You don't need to walk on egg shells around me, what makes you think I am so freaking sensitive?!? (all my posts this past Sunday?)

J/K and seriously I was thinking the same thing we must have some sort of connection. Are you gay <-- J/K again

Lastly, I was so excited on Sunday to use all of those automated signature tools that I got a little carried away.

Thanks for being nice.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 03:53 PM
www.madmav.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO 4X4
Regarding membership...I know there is primarly Tacomas here, but are other 4x4's allowed at TTORA runs. Reason I ask is at Takeover, only Tacomas were allowed. I do understand why, with the amount of rigs showing up, organizing it with others would be very difficult. Now I am seeing and hearing it is open to all Toyota enthusiast, will this apply to future Takeovers? I have only attended the Takeover, as that's the only one I have been able to run. I have a brother who has a LC and would love to run some with you guys.

Thanks.

Will
It was decided this year to open membership in TTORA to ALL toyotas. So if you drive a off-road capable toyota then you can do everything the Tacomas can do. :-)

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 03:53 PM
www.madmav.com

Quote:
WTF, who the hell do you think you are - a webmaster or some shit?

You don't need to walk on egg shells around me, what makes you think I am so freaking sensitive?!? (all my posts this past Sunday?)

J/K and seriously I was thinking the same thing we must have some sort of connection. Are you gay <-- J/K again

Lastly, I was so excited on Sunday to use all of those automated signature tools that I got a little carried away.

Thanks for being nice.
Much much better. Thanks!

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
It was decided this year to open membership in TTORA to ALL toyotas. So if you drive a off-road capable toyota then you can do everything the Tacomas can do. :-)

Thanks...look forward to making more events then just takeover.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 08:03 AM

Hey Mav

I followed your firefox link. Looks like they are chaging the refering images URL. I don't know if this applies to text links.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode