85 4r or sas - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
85 4r or sas

I know the answer already this rig is about what i'd spent to sas and its a more desirable model living in nearly rust free socal desert .my current rig has locked 488s and a 4,7 crawlbox with twin sticks and IFS... I think all but the front diff gears will swap into the 85' ....I think can anyone with more knowledge add input please.

90 T4R.4x4 add delete,aisin hubs, v6 radiator,cheap winch,homemade armor,4.88's,33's,lockers f-b,twinstick single 4.7 tcase,and organic pinstriping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesnyde View Post
I know the answer already this rig is about what i'd spent to sas and its a more desirable model living in nearly rust free socal desert .my current rig has locked 488s and a 4,7 crawlbox with twin sticks and IFS... I think all but the front diff gears will swap into the 85' ....I think can anyone with more knowledge add input please.
Thats a tough choice. I think your right as far as what's swappable. Typically you'll still need to do some fab work on the 85 unless you plan on keeping it stockish. If you want to build it up your looking at front spring hanger, reinforcement, shock towers, shocks, springs and shackles front and back, spring hanger and shackle relocation out back, plus steering parts and more.

The 90 has more demo involved.

02 Tacoma TRD 4x4, Ome 882's, Dakars, Bils, 4crawler 1" bl, CBI sliders...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
well I pulled the trigger 85 4R ,in really good shape .it has 33"s already and I believe allpro springs ? it drives nice ,and has alot of power so much so I asked if it had gears already or a cam . the owner said just some bosh injectors made for a modified spray pattern ? it is honestly the strongest 22re ive felt and ive been driven these since the 80s. no cam either .. on 410s .maybe other mods i dont know . i'll ask him for a list of known parts and work done . i looked at the steering linkage and all ,but really no personal exp. with a solid axle Toyota so I dont know whats what ..haaa! all new to me . the owner is getting a part installed and getting the smog cert otherwise id have some pics . im looking forward to driving this and modifying it a bit. its so straight body panel wise i will have to be carefull and add some more armour . I will probly start a build thread cause I already ordered another 488 gearset and locker man ive wanted one of these for along time !

90 T4R.4x4 add delete,aisin hubs, v6 radiator,cheap winch,homemade armor,4.88's,33's,lockers f-b,twinstick single 4.7 tcase,and organic pinstriping

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode