TTORA Forum banner

Jacksonville

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  pi 
#1 ·
Well I am from Illinois, lived in Colorado for 4 years and was in COTTORA. Used to wheel the hell out of my truck. But joined the navy, bought a new car and my truck resides at my parents house in Illinois. but lately i have been missing the hell out of it. Haven't been out in the woods wheeling in a looooong time. toooo long actually. and was just wandering the capabilities around here as far as trails go. and needing a way to get my truck down here. looking at getting it shipped to me but i have no clue really.
it sits on 35's, which im sure one is flat. locked front and rear and protected. well missing the front end protection. anywho. any suggestions, advice or anything really would be greatly appreciated. just wondering if the wheeling down here is worth bringing it down here. although im sure it is. :rolleyes:

#3 ·
Welcome! I feel your pain. I joined the navy and was sent out here from california. :( I had to sell my 84 pickup and I ended up starting from scratch with an 85 4runner. I feel I moved up in the world but I do still miss my truck. Now I will tell you that the wheeling here isnt going to hold a candle to what you had in colorado, however, there is good stuff to be found and above all a GREAT group of guys to venture with. I would not hesitate to ship your rig out if I were you. Our club is growing like crazy and I know next year we are going to have some EPIC trips to Greay Rock and Tellico! Check out my pics link in my sig for most of what you can expect. Also, we have a HUGE campout planned for nov 10, 11, 12 and even if you dont have your rig you should try to make. Someone always has an empty seat you could ride in. Anyways, get your rig shipped and we can bring it back to life and go wheelin!!! BTW what part of JAX do you live in? Are you at NAS or mayport? I work at NAS. Talk to ya later.

Bryan

#5 ·

i live over off of ft. caroline and work at mayport.
and well my truck wouldn't be here for quit some time. and the camping thing on that weekend. im supposed to be spending that weekend with my girl. so that is kind of out of the question. she wouldn't be too happy. although i might try and get out of it. lol. now just to figure out how to get my truck down here.

#7 ·
a friend of mine is moving to rhode island and was going to have his car transproted on a train, he said it was only like $250. i happen to think he was just making it up, but its worth a try to look into

#9 ·
I know a friend of mine shipped a car from Phoenix for like $700 or something. I think shipping and driving would probably come pretty close to the same...

#11 ·
If you know any truckers sometimes they if they are in the area they'll pick it up for you on their way back. Go to some truck stops off of I10 and try to make friends with a couple of them. LOL

#12 ·
usmcracing said:
If you know any truckers sometimes they if they are in the area they'll pick it up for you on their way back. Go to some truck stops off of I10 and try to make friends with a couple of them. LOL

Ya, try to look your "prettiest"!!! :rofl:

#13 ·
stationed in mayport. work for hsl-40.
went home for the holidays and well didn't bring truck back. got home.
shit leaking everywhere, 4 tires with 2 pounds of pressure each. steering is all jacked up and the list keeps on going. worked on it for 2 days just to get it up and going
it has been sitting for a year and well to say the least it runs now. lol
i know. its an 01. but it has been through hell and back. just needs a complete once over. and didn't have time and or money to put into it at the time. so now it will just sit up there, covered and wait for my return like a good truck. :)
thanks for the suggestions guys. and the price for a semi to haul it down here was ridiculous. anywho....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.