Ethanol Free Gas or Lucas Ethanol Treatment - Page 2 - TTORA Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Foster View Post
The whole ethanol debacle is for sure Bull Shit. It's just a way to dispose of too much subsidized corn. Corn we don't need but they robbed the taxpayer to pay for it so they had to find a way to get rid of it. How better to get rid of anything but to burn it all up. Whether or not it did squat for oil imports becase it made that worse and regardless of how bad that shit is for our engines or the enviroment. This is what happens when you allow left wing, shit for brains who don't know squat run things. Or republicrats looking to keep their asses planted in those seats either for that matter.
I went on a long rant the other day after seeing a few stores around here starting to sell ethanol-free gas for a dollar more per gallon.
- We have to subsidize farmers to grow more corn
- price of corn goes up resulting in higher prices for anything made from corn (including beef and pork)
- corn is one of the least efficient sources of ethanol, compared to Brazil which makes it from sugarcane for example
- burning ethanol in your engine is less efficient than non-ethanol gas
- yada, yada, yada

Wife replies with "what is ethanol again?"

97 Tacoma regular cab, 3.4
12 Toyota 4Runner SR5
92 C1500 Stepside restore project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsonmj View Post
I went on a long rant the other day after seeing a few stores around here starting to sell ethanol-free gas for a dollar more per gallon.
- We have to subsidize farmers to grow more corn
- price of corn goes up resulting in higher prices for anything made from corn (including beef and pork)
- corn is one of the least efficient sources of ethanol, compared to Brazil which makes it from sugarcane for example
- burning ethanol in your engine is less efficient than non-ethanol gas
- yada, yada, yada

Wife replies with "what is ethanol again?"
Hawaii had sugarcane growing everywhere, but unions and other shit fuck things up. Too late to make ethanol shit locally, somebody thought can make ethanol locally, but no, have to bring ethanol in.

1991 Toyota XCab 4x4, 3.0 V6, LCE Performance Cold Air Intake, Crane Cam Ignition System, NGK 6341 IridiumIX Spark Plugs, 5 Spd. Manual, with Marlin Crawler Short Throw Shifter, 5.29 Gears with Detroit Lockers. 35x12.5-15 BFG KM2s, ALCOA RIMs. My Daily Driver!
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 08:45 AM
Veteran Member

They outta take that shit out of gasoline anyway. It takes more oil to produce the crap than it saves while putting out less BTU per gallon and overall increase in carbon output and fucking shit up in the process. Fuckin politicians got no dayum sense. The only reason they do it is to use up excess subsidized corn and get votes from the Midwest into the bargain. Today's politicians are indeed the SCUM of the earth.
barnaby likes this.

I admit to being Crazy but I'm not Stupid

post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 05:09 AM
Veteran Member

22mpg with costco 87. 26mpg with ethanol free 89.

I only do ethanol free on occasions….mostly blend it with the 87 but managed to get 26mpg when I filled up with mostly ethanol free last weekend. then drove it 248 miles in a day.

I'm Dirk Diggler and you're not.
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
22mpg with costco 87. 26mpg with ethanol free 89.

I only do ethanol free on occasions….mostly blend it with the 87 but managed to get 26mpg when I filled up with mostly ethanol free last weekend. then drove it 248 miles in a day.
Price of gasoline seems to drop in Hawaii lately. Filled with ethanol free Labor Day weekend in Kona HFN in my stock Tacoma. Apparently never make difference driving back to Hilo on new Saddle Road, obviously the altitude.

1991 Toyota XCab 4x4, 3.0 V6, LCE Performance Cold Air Intake, Crane Cam Ignition System, NGK 6341 IridiumIX Spark Plugs, 5 Spd. Manual, with Marlin Crawler Short Throw Shifter, 5.29 Gears with Detroit Lockers. 35x12.5-15 BFG KM2s, ALCOA RIMs. My Daily Driver!
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Veteran Member

yeah im glad gas is cheaper. now I can drive a v8.
I dont really get good gas mileage on saddle either, I like tp keep up with traffic.

post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
yeah im glad gas is cheaper. now I can drive a v8.
I dont really get good gas mileage on saddle either, I like tp keep up with traffic.
I driving back from Kona for work on new Saddle, I see cops pulled somebody over on side on road, probably speeding? Few minutes later, another cop car turn on blue lights and sirens, give chase, catch somebody else speeding.

post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member

Almost every time I go on saddle I see cops. Just seen 8 dlnr trucks/vans going up there yesterday too.

whats bumming me is that from kona airport to town is now all 35mph. construction combined with all these athletes makes for a shitty time. too much people already on this island lol

post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Almost every time I go on saddle I see cops. Just seen 8 dlnr trucks/vans going up there yesterday too.

whats bumming me is that from kona airport to town is now all 35mph. construction combined with all these athletes makes for a shitty time. too much people already on this island lol
Unless I have to stop somewhere in Hamakua side for work, I drive new Saddle to go Kona. Hamakua have enough shit going on, road work on horseshoe turns, County working on road pavement. WTF? Wasting time waiting for traffic moving again.

post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 04:08 AM
Veteran Member

yeah almost every weekend ive been going hilo side. Luckily its mostly night time so I only have to worry about the bridge by Hakalau. I got stuck in the Kaawalii gulch traffic jam on friday though.

Several weeks ago when I was coming back around south, had rivers going across the road by pahala and by hookena it was bone dry and had a small kine river going across the road, first time I seen that over there.

I kinda miss when they were working on saddle and had gravel roads. I cant begin to explain how fun that was back then.

post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

I drove on old Saddle before the new saddle was completed, once or twice. The places where Waikii located are nicer, but road all narrow and winding, too bad they don't make it better.

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

I was talking my local gasoline wholesaler about Hawaii State removing the ethanol shit out gasoline. He told me the Feds don't like the idea of Hawaii removing ethanol shit! Somebody else said if Hawaii remove ethanol, Federal money not going come in. Bull Shit! Somebody making money!

post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member

I think it has a lot to do with using up all that subsidized corn and is more about political bullshit than doing anything good for us or the environment. End subsidies and end much of the bullshit along with them. In the end analysis, we're being made to pay on both ends to screw ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETrOi529 View Post
I was talking my local gasoline wholesaler about Hawaii State removing the ethanol shit out gasoline. He told me the Feds don't like the idea of Hawaii removing ethanol shit! Somebody else said if Hawaii remove ethanol, Federal money not going come in. Bull Shit! Somebody making money!
barnaby and ThorInc like this.

I admit to being Crazy but I'm not Stupid
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 01:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Foster View Post
I think it has a lot to do with using up all that subsidized corn and is more about political bullshit than doing anything good for us or the environment. End subsidies and end much of the bullshit along with them. In the end analysis, we're being made to pay on both ends to screw ourselves.
agree….i dont ever feel like im winning when it comes to government. i dont feel like they work for the people and I only work to pay them. lose lose situation for me.

but still getting better gas mileage with ethanol free. i own a boat now, so ethanol free is the way to go.
ThorInc likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode