TTORA Forum banner

Iron Mtn. Rd take two

6K views 79 replies 9 participants last post by  hytenor 
#1 ·
With the new snow that is supposed to be coming all this week I'm thinkin of making a trip up to Iron Mtn. Rd with a couple buddies, I know Kmillan and NorcalPR said they were up to go again, just trying to see if anyone else would be interested. Kmillan and I will go if we can get someone else to come that has a winch, shovels and some towstraps probably wont be enough from what i hear.

#2 ·
I wouldnt mind getting out there n playing in the snow - I dont have my winch hooked up yet (no bumper) so no help there unfortunately.

What date did you have in mind for this run?

#6 ·
You and kmillan probably know best what recovery gear is most necessary since I missed the trip a couple weekends ago. It would be cool if we could get another group goin, bald tires will just make it more fun:cool:! haha or just result in alot of digging, either way snow wheelin is better than not wheelin at all:2cents:

#9 ·

Those crazy guys! We were about as far as we could go, and were about to turn around when they roll up to us no problem, on stock tires and no lift. They got stuck where we did, and so they finally decided to air down!

#55 ·
well hells bells you are still alive, how much help wiring do you need with your Va JJ , you know you could call some peeps that have been there and done that before just sayn, oh you'll have to call me I don'ts have your number no more.

I might head up. I want one more trip before the truck gets cut up and turns into a 4runner.
and WHAT!! are you doing the same as Matt with a runner.

and yes polloc has ALOT of snow !!!!!!!!!!!!!! the chances of ya'll gettin on to iron mtn is almost 0 just FYI. I have a few peeps that live up there and they are buried as of noon today, no power with lines down all over and most of the town shut down.

#24 ·
If I can get my front axle back together I'm in. right now I'm waiting for some of the rain to let up so I can get the knuckles, etc back on :p

I really want to make at least one snow run this season...if for no other reason than to try out the new Spyderlocks :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.