TTORA Forum banner

GA Member/Noob Check-In

98K views 1K replies 231 participants last post by  BocephusWade 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: I just want any newbies or latecomers to know that we would like you to continue to use this thread to check-in. Its original purpose was to get a head count of the regulars or any newbies or lurkers. It worked fine for that purpose and evolved into a thread I think will be fine to continue newbie check-in.

Original Post:
This place is so dead... Just post up to show you've dropped in. : Im giving this 3 days to see what kinda traffic come through here. Then Ill count to see who showed up. No this isnt off topic, as many of you are Im dissapointed in our participation even if all you can do is show up here. In other words this matters. Not looking to increase participation, as has been said its never been a busy chapter, just trying to compile a traffic study for lack of a better term.:mad:

GA members only please.

See less See more
#10 ·
i havent really been on the boards for a while, since i moved and no internet until recent, too busy :saw: :welder: and then some :xbeer2: and then feeling like :xsmash:

#11 · (Edited)
I'm here, Just got my truck running (rebuilt the 22r engine) and doing other stuff to it this week. Mounting a new winch and going to lock the diff's starting this weekend. I got a (full spool and a Quicklock to install). Working on the truck has been slow lately I just got married and had to deal with moving my wife in and doing alot of house work, Painting replacing ceiling fans installing new flush systems for the toilets new shower heads.....etc.

Never fear however I'm ready to wheel my junk and all.

Very near future plans.

Install winch and bumber(Should be finished tommorow night)
Rework exhaust (I don't like the way I have it now) :welder:
Cut some sheetmetal. :saw:
Build sliders and Back bumber. :welder:
Get cage built or ordered from marlin. :welder:

.....and last but not least Redo the suspension ( I hate the current setup.)

#14 ·
I'm here, I always am during the week when I'm in the office. I have come to realize that this chapter will never be VERY big or anything, but I don't let that bother me. Just take it for what it's worth, I enjoy it, I've met a bunch of good people who I consider my friends and that's all I could ever ask for out of this.

Michael, let me know when I can come by to check out your rig and get that stand and hoist.

#15 · (Edited)
ATLRoach said:
Side note: Did you ever put on the crossover?

Not yet, I'm waiting till I redo the suspension and plan on mounting the box as far foward as possible and I want to do it at one time.

You have talked me into getting the BBCS Shocks, the plans are for Chevy rears with budbuilt hangers (shackles still thinking about wich way to go Double method or single), Rears up front mixed with my 4" procomp springs with Budbuilt shackles. Some new shock towers (F350's probably) and mounting tabs and ubolt flip kits and homemade front square driveshaft. I'm gathering the parts now. Looking to have it done by the end of the year, I can't wait.

Marshall, Any weekend day would be good with me, just let me know.

#17 ·
Marshytaco said:
I'm here, I always am during the week when I'm in the office. I have come to realize that this chapter will never be VERY big or anything, but I don't let that bother me.
Doesnt bother me just trying to get a head count on regulars. And maybe dig up some noobs.

#18 ·
Here ... again if it counts. Speaking of dead ... WHAT'S NEXT? By that I mean 'trail ride'. I was thinking just alternate Beasley & Tellico ... once a month ... unless someone comes up w/somewhere better ... then we go THERE. We don't spend big $s to modify/BUILD our 4x4s to ... NOT WHEEL ... do we? I hope not! Let's go!

P.S. ALAN/CHRIS/JACK/MARSHALL/PHIL T&B can be challenging month after month if you choose a different (wrong) 'line'! Us normal folks can just tag along & take pics!

Just trying to help.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLater

#19 ·
I'm here. I've been trying to go out wheeling almost everyweek now. So far so good.

If you guys have anything planned let me know I will at least try. I have now problem with having someone pull me out. Well that is as long as I don't break my bumper again. But if the trail is too much then I will just ride and take pics.

#21 ·
crawlrunner said:
I was thinking just alternate Beasley & Tellico ...
Id like to try Etna (sp?) Mountain in Chattanooga, and some other places eventually. But Tellico will do for the 11-13 of Nov.

#22 ·
crawlrunner said:
Here ... again if it counts. Speaking of dead ... WHAT'S NEXT? By that I mean 'trail ride'. I was thinking just alternate Beasley & Tellico ... once a month ... unless someone comes up w/somewhere better ... then we go THERE. We don't spend big $s to modify/BUILD our 4x4s to ... NOT WHEEL ... do we? I hope not! Let's go!

P.S. ALAN/CHRIS/JACK/MARSHALL/PHIL T&B can be challenging month after month if you choose a different (wrong) 'line'! Us normal folks can just tag along & take pics!

Just trying to help.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLater
Hey man, I am missing it every weekend that goes by and I don't get out. I am more than likely booked up through the end of the year. Trying to pay junk off and save for a cruise after Christmas. Good seeing ya, last weekend! Glad you were able to show Marshall some of the town. Thanks!!!

#26 ·
mnntaco said:
I'm here, Just got my truck running (rebuilt the 22r engine) and doing other stuff....

i might be callin you for help in a bit if i cant get mine running again. we sunk it in a silt runoff at a construction site my buddy owns. had to call a grader to pull it out. it was runnin really rough and finally quit on me on the way home. had to tow it and havent had time to mess with it. the oil pressure gage was all over the place and it started to run really hot. any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.