TTORA Forum banner

2000 taco evolution

9K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  pirateblktaco 
#1 · (Edited)
My khyber pass pack mule

Well bought this Truck shortly after my first deployment. Was never really sure what direction I wanted to go but I guess expedition fits my wheeling style best. I'm sure eventually she will end up with a SAC and tubed out but for now she is my DD. Been around the forum since 2008 and thats when I started modding her and it's become kind of a sickness. Without further ado her are some pictars documenting the shanannigans.

The day I bought her

That weekend took it out, still had temp tags on the front of which didnt make it.

Her first hole

Stock skid plate didnt even make it through the first run

This is when I figured out I need to get some bumper clearance as well as to ditch the sotck AT's aka Slicks.

After that first weekend I was hooked. My buddy who had pretty much the same truck except an 03 told me hoe capable they were offroad and after seein what my stock one did where that red dodge and others had trouble and with my locker and a little skinny pedal even with no lift and AT's she just pulled thorugh.

Second deployment I got outfitted with a lift as wheel as new wheels and tires

First real run with the lift when I was stationed in VA with the "midatlantic toyota crawlers" was a fun trip they call "fall colors"

Since then It has been a bunch of little things
-02 center console
-GM alternator swap

-Giving the 12v outlets full time power

-Deckplate mod

First piece of armor picked up from a TTORA member after he flopped is rig.

donor truck

Most recently she went through a facial transformation and got a new look. DA sanded with some 220 grit, 5 cans of primer and 12 cans of RUSTOLEUM FLAT DESERT CAMO later and this is the result

Went through a few sets of wheels and tires after the original 33x12.50x15's BFG M/T KM1 wore out. I have finally settled on some 285/75/16 Definity Dakota M/T's on some factory "BAJA" wheels and I love them the dakotas are fairly quiet offroad and seem to perform as well as my BFG muds they are brand new so we will see how they wear.

Well that's pretty much it for now In the garage sits a set of swayway 2.5's also picked up from a forum member and a set of sliders built by Jeremy over at mercerfab. Many Many Many more additions to come as with some other people my wishlist for this truck is endless and it will be ever evolving.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
More mods

Finally got around to cleaning up rebuilding and installing the c/o's. I purchased them from another forum member in NY that broke a spring and wanted icons

WHEN THEY ARRIVED

INSTALLED

Now that the front suspension is done for now (until I find a deal on some UCA'S). I went ahead and got together some stuff for the rear suspension. Purchased some 6" lift leafs off craigslist made by ATLAS SPRINGS up in LA area.

hopefully have these installed by next weekend

#3 ·
Sliders ✓ bumper ✓

Got the my MERCERFAB sliders mounted today, fellow forum member did the welds for me. Super stoked on the look and I'm pretty sure it would take a pretty fat chick to bust these things off.

While I was there the guy also removed the stock weld nuts from inside the frame rail and tacked in some 1/2" ones so I could mount my bumper

Thanks to TC yota for the welding and Jeremy over at mercer fab for building the sliders and modifying the bumper to work with my setup. Friday is another build day, Hanging my 6" atlas springs and then off to the expoportal run next weekend.

#4 ·
New springs

Well new springs are in..

Initial impression, HOLY SHIT they are tall! And don't have much give in them. also need some new shocks. Going to go to home depot and grab some concrete bags and toss a few in the bed see if I can settle these bad boys down. If that doesn't work I will think about taking a leaf out. also either need to get axle shims and or new spring perches. Probably will go with new spring perches cause A. I don't want anymore lift that the shims will give and B. I wanna do a U-bolt flip and shock relocation.

Some pictars for the visually stimulated.

BEFORE

AFTER

OLD VS NEW SPRINGS

SHACKLE ANGLE

YIKES!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.