TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I would like to thank everyone in advance for any help.

Ok I recently purchased a 00 4runner auto 4x4 with 218k and after doing research I really want a manual but in the northeast they're really tough to come by in good condition. by chance I ran into a 97 5spd 4x4 with believe it or not only 70k catch is guy rolled it over on his property. so at first I thought id buy and do a manual swap but im staring to think since frame, drivetrain, and suspension are mint and maintained to just swap my 00 body onto 97 chassis.

So im wondering if it is possible since years differ and if that will cause any electrical issues as far as ecu, wiring harness,etc? any advise or input will be much

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Im wondering if I could just use the long block and transmission instead of a body swap and use existing wiring harness from the 2000 and source a 2000 manual ecu? would that be easier ?

·
Administrator
18,287 Posts
The wire harness and ECU is different for auto and manual. Be aware that going auto to manual, you also have to add the clutch pedal assembly, new center console for the shifters, etc. Lots of stuff to change. There are threads posted here from some of our members that have done these swaps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts