TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
'00 tranny issues (A340E)

hey, I am new here, but have a tranny issue that just popped up on my '00 V-6 PreRunner. Anyhoo....the problem began last week. When putting the tranny in any forward gear when it is cold, it will not engage immediatley. I needed to rev it to @ 1100rpm before it would hit, then it felt like a neutral drop. After warming up, it acted normal. It shifts fine otherwise. I did a filter/fluid change and adjusted the throttle valve cable per spec, and the condition improved a bit, but it still happens when it is cold. Anyone have an idea what may be happening?
I am going to get an OBDII scanner Monday and run the codes, so maybe I will find out the problem then. Thanks.
John

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Almost sounds like your OD planetary might be going or something. I would take it to AAMCO or somewhere and have them check that out IMMEDIATELY!

If your OD Planetary explodes (which can happen) your whole tranny will be fucked.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Very strange, I've always seen the opposite happen. After the car warms up, the transmission starts slipping.

I've got a good PreRunner transmission out of my '99 for sale. 130k dealer maintained it's entire life. $250. LMK :D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Well if thats the case couldn't you just keep it outta over drive til necessary? As in going over 60 turn on OD. Not saying its a permenant solution, but for a short period, IF that was the case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kyota said:
Well if thats the case couldn't you just keep it outta over drive til necessary? As in going over 60 turn on OD. Not saying its a permenant solution, but for a short period, IF that was the case.

It doesn't matter if it is in OD or not. Same deal. It also doesn't matter whether I am in D, 2 or 1. It does not exhibit the problem in reverse

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I scanned the OBDII codes with an Equus 3110 scanner and found nothing. Got no codes at all. From what I understand, some tranny problems will throw OBDII codes, correct?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts