TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after making my box and posting about it I decided to just go all out and make a guide for anyone interested in making the same setup.

Linked is a PDF which contains the box dimensions, explanation, and tips to accommodate the Pioneer Premier TS-SW841D Shallow-Mount 8" Component Subwoofer in a 2001 to 2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab with minimal modification and the benefit of retaining storage behind the rear seat.

Maybe it could be done better than what I did, but it works for me. So feel free to use it as a step by step guide, or add your own modification to it. Hell, print it out and burn it if you think it sucks. But I hope it helps at least a few people.

http://www.jconti.net/Tacoma/stereo/01-04_DC_PioneerSub8.pdf

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Nice job. I've been contimplating the build of my truck. 4-6" JL's, or 8's. Good job on the write up. I just looked at the 12" Pioneer today, Damn that thing is skinny! How much power are you going to use, and how low will it hit? (Hertz level). By the way what speakers are you using, and what size, in the rear doors?
Thx, Jeff

·
Registered
266 Posts
Very nice write-up!

What is the small box on the drivers side of your sub box?? I have my sub in the space behind the drivers side rear seat, but my truck didn't have that little box.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I recently posted pics and information on the install after doing it all last weekend. You can find that HERE

I am just using an old, hand-me-down RF punch two channel 600 watt (I think it is 200 RMS) in mono. It is more than enough for the 8. I have the 80Hz LPF activiated on it as well as a 60Hz LPF on the head unit

As far as how it hits, it is good. The level of expectation that one should have with this single 8 is to create a completley well balanced system. My stereo gets LOUD and the bass keeps up with it well. It will suprise you, but don't forget, it is just a single 8.

I can certainly feel the bass, and it plays in the 30 & 40 Hz area better than what you might expect.

Also, this box, if I remember right, is slightly over .3 cubic feet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts