TTORA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a set of 01-04 fender flares (factory Preurunner type) to install on my 98 Tacoma. I currently have the black regular 4wd type flares on my Tacoma and would like to know if the 01-04's will bolt up the same way. Thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
335 Posts
It for sure works. On the 3rd gens (01-04) there are some little clips, but you dont need to use them. My buddy had them on his 99 and they worked fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Ryan,

Where did you buy the set and how much did they cost ? (If you have
a website or source, please share) Did you buy with mud flaps or without ?
LMK how well they fit up.

Regards,

Noel

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
grumpy said:
should, Eric put some on his 99 just used the bolts, no clips or double sided sticky
Did he just use the screws on the lower lip, or did he use bolts through the sheet metal where the clips go? I've broken a few clips, and if I could use bolts somehow in place of the clips, I'd like to.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
old flares

When you say, the old 4WD flares do you mean the little peice of trim or the smallish 98 trd type flares, and if you do mean the smallish ones what are you doing with them?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Canolli said:
Hey Ryan,

Where did you buy the set and how much did they cost ? (If you have
a website or source, please share) Did you buy with mud flaps or without ?
LMK how well they fit up.

Regards,

Noel
Bought some from a guy off Ebay for $150 shipped. The thing I like about them is that they are painted black, not the plastic black looking ones. They aren't perfect but sure do look a lot better than the ones I had on there. I did not buy mud flaps and for all of those who want to know, they bolted up with no problems, all the holes matched up fine.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
atwinda said:
Did he just use the screws on the lower lip, or did he use bolts through the sheet metal where the clips go? I've broken a few clips, and if I could use bolts somehow in place of the clips, I'd like to.
sorry so long just saw this: he jsut used the screws on bottom nothing where clips go

1 - 11 of 11 Posts