TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a "Nicely" priced Wrecked D-cab. Really i only need the cab and interior, but i'll buy a whole truck if the price is right.

What i am hoping to find is someone who has gotten into an accident (where most of the cab is in pretty good shape (dents and scratches are ok) as long as the structural integrity is good) that is going to be totaled by insurance. If you have the option to buy it back, i'd like to offer to buy the whole truck off of you. (I'll give you ~500 over what the buyback is) and i'll come and haul it away.

4X4, prerunner, 4Cyl, 6Cyl doesn't matter to me, i am only interested in the cab, but if it's a 6 cyl or a 4x4, or a TRD i'd be willing to fork over some extra $$$

BTW is there any way i can make this sticky? I know this ad isn't going to be filled any time soon, but that way i don't have to keep bumping it.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Can't sticky it, but do a search on Car-part.com.

You may have to rent a truck and trailer and fetch one yourself.

There is one in NC for $1,350

Also check with TAP.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CronusTRD said:
Can't sticky it, but do a search on Car-part.com.

You may have to rent a truck and trailer and fetch one yourself.

There is one in NC for $1,350

Also check with TAP.

I checked car-part.com and they didn't really have anything. When i was up in Sac at Tap last time they wanted $1000 for just a bare cab with no doors or interior. If i can buy a whole truck for a few grand and part out the rest, then i might actually break even (or fairly close to that)

That's my plan

Steve

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Once again to the top, Comeon guys!!! You gotta know someone who has wrecked a D-cab that is now totaled.... This is a win win situation, Once i get the D-cab, I can give HellBent mine and we'll both stop bumping our posts to the top!!!

Steve

·
Registered
829 Posts
sounds good to me

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, i am hoping to get the truck before it even goes to the insurance auction. Usually they offer the owner to buy the truck back for 2-3K. Once the salvage yards get involved the price goes way up... Thanks for the tip, but i'd really like to spend no more than 2-3K total (doors, glass, interior)

Steve

·
Registered
0 Posts
BTT..

Gotta bump this for ya....I would LOVE to see what will become of this future rig...

AND I would love that chili-cheese dip recipie from the 1st "meet & greet" I ever went to...that stuff rocked!

:mad: _Angry Andy_ :mad:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If I can actually get a truck to do the swap with, then i will have a full out NorCal Wrenchathon at my place, and all the Chilli Dip you can eat... (After the cab's swapped......)

·
Registered
0 Posts
And another bump for chili-cheese dip...dammit just PM me the friggin recipie! That way, it will be ONE less thing for you to do on body swap day!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.