TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as long as i can remember, my truck has always had a hard time starting. It sounded like the starter is skipping out, or not getting enough power so replaced the starter and i just put in an optima red top.. but it's still doing it. I'm running quite a few things off the battery (aux lights, HID lights, compressor, int. amp) but i always have them switched off before i get in or out of the truck. What else could be wrong with it?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Have you tested anything? What is the voltage at the battery when cranking? What is the voltage at the starter when cranking? How many amps does the starter draw when cranking? Is your alternator fully recharging your battery? What brand starter did you replace the old one with? Are both of your battery terminals clean and tight? Is the ground wire from the block tight and good? And lastly how many stickers do you have on the truck?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
tacoray4x4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing