TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 01 tacoma with a factory 3.4l and automatic transmission isn't shifting ever since I removed the stock gauge cluster. I have aftermarket gauges but not running a speedo. If I plug in my gauge 2 it shows speed as we jumped 2 of the wires together. Has to be something else I'm missing. Any input

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
The speed input to the ECU is likely missing. Don't know about the 01 for sure but my 95.5 gets the ECU speed info is from the speedo. Mechanical cable from Tcase to the speedo, the speed signal is generated in the speedo and sent to the ECU.
In later models I think its pretty much the same except they put an electronic sender on the TCase and replaced the mechanical cable. You likely have to find that signal and route it to the ECU to get things working again.

My 01 tacoma with a factory 3.4l and automatic transmission isn't shifting ever since I removed the stock gauge cluster. I have aftermarket gauges but not running a speedo. If I plug in my gauge 2 it shows speed as we jumped 2 of the wires together. Has to be something else I'm missing. Any input

1 - 2 of 2 Posts