TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to just get the 02 gasket? I went to a parts place yesterday and they only had it with the sensor as well. Doesnt really make sense to buy a spare 02 when all I need is the gasket since mine is leaking bad. Would I have to get this from the dealer or just use some kind of high temp sealant?

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Yeah had the same problem. You can get from the dealer pretty easy but they may have to order it. I think its about 3 to 4 bucks. Advanced can get them and have them pretty quick, but you have to order it as a EGR tube gasket on the exhaust side to get it. But they are the same gasket. I would not use RTV. To just get by use no gasket at all, it asctually seals pretty well, but the issue I had with no gasket is the nuts wanted to keep backing off so I would have to keep tightiening every couple of days. Ran it for a couple weeks with no gasket until I finally learned how to order a gasket.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"EGR tub gasket on the exhaust side" should work, you say Advanced has it?. I cant remember which parrts place it was yesterday but maybe I jsut gotta be more specific and check pictures if they dont know what I am talking about. This has also happened with my front that popped out because the nuts dissapeared magically. With that one my roommate just suggested some sealant stuff and it has held up fine with no thrown codes or anything. Would like to do it right this time though.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Yep that should get you taken care of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts