TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The engine light came on in my moms '02 Rav4. Showing 2 codes, P0420 and P0430 (Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold). Guy at autozone said that if it shows both O2 sensors at once it could actually be the cat. converter. We just replaced an O2 sensor last year. How can I tell if it is the cat. con., because the cat is still under the emissions warranty. Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
My Tacoma threw the same code (catalyst system below effeciency) like you said and I replaced the cat as I had previously done just the first O2 sensor for something else. After replaced the cat...all was good more or less.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
tacoma0309 said:
The engine light came on in my moms '02 Rav4. Showing 2 codes, P0420 and P0430 (Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold). Guy at autozone said that if it shows both O2 sensors at once it could actually be the cat. converter. We just replaced an O2 sensor last year. How can I tell if it is the cat. con., because the cat is still under the emissions warranty. Thanks
go to a dealership....there is a TSB for p0420 and 430 that involves reflashing the ecu and replacing any or all of the sensors, if they *ahem* "happen to become siezed upon removal" covered until 90,000 miles

·
Registered
110 Posts
yeah there is a tsb on this. the computer parameters aren't set right. go to the dealership and have them change them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
tacoman13
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing