TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me cel came on and I replaced the rear o2 sensor on my 2002 prerunner v6 and that solved the problem for a week then the cel came on again. So I cleaned the MAF sensor and that didn't work. Any other ideas? Also where I replaced the old sensor on the exhaust pipe I can feel a leak from below the sensor. Could this be the cause and also is there anything I can use to seal it that is sensor safe.
Thanks

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,586 Posts
For staters, what is the CEL code you are getting?

An exhaust leak is one possible cause for a P0420 code, but not the only cause. Buy a gasket from Toyota to go under that O2 sensor and that should fix your problem.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
you need to take the truck into an Auto zone or somewhere to get an OBDII code. that will narrow down what your actual problem is.

I got a P0505 code last week (nothing to do with your problem) but I was able to narrow down my problem since they could tell me where to start looking. Turned out that I fixed my problem with a throttle body cleaning. But I could have spent $200 for a vacum "motor" if I didn't start with the cheap and easy fixes first.

As for your CEL. did you put a new gasket in with the new O2 sensor? It won't take much escaping exhaust to trip a code. At worst case sceniro, you can your some permitex Ultimate copper RTV to make a gasket but a OEM gasket would be best.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The code I'm getting is po136 bank 1 sensor 2. I did also get the replacement gasket and installed it with the sensor. The old gasket was shot and as I scraped it off a little bit of the actual mount on the exhaust for the sensor chipped away and this is causing the leak. But it did run without the CEL for a week like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I'm wondering if there is somesort of patch I can use that is sensor safe, because that is my next step. ANy ideas?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just threw an O2 sensor code, replaced the sensor and now I am throwing a P0330 code. Knock Sensor Circuit 2 fault... guess I am taking the manifold off... :mad: Anyone know a good place to get a knock sensor?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just threw an O2 sensor code, replaced the sensor and now I am throwing a P0330 code. Knock Sensor Circuit 2 fault... guess I am taking the manifold off... :mad: Anyone know a good place to get a knock sensor?
Anybody else throw these codes like this? I put in a simulator to fix a 0420 and now Im getting a P0330. Does this point to a bigger problem or do I just need to address the P0330 problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.