TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend a few of us installed a 6" Fabtech lift in a 02 taco doublecab and now is has a 60 to 70 mph vibration....ANY SUGGESTIONS?????

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
This weekend a few of us installed a 6" Fabtech lift in a 02 taco doublecab and now is has a 60 to 70 mph vibration....ANY SUGGESTIONS?????
In the front or back? Is the steering wheel shaking? Does it feel like a harmonic, or a shake?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a harmonic vibration, you can't feel it in the steering wheel at all and can't really tell where it is coming from. It comes and goes meaning it is not a constant vibration. When it is vibrating it will vibrate for 6 or 8 seconds quit for 6 or 8 seconds virbate for 6 or 8 seconds quit for 6 or 8 seconds and on and on but it happens at 63 to 68 mph every time.....

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would start with the wheels.. have them to a lug centric ballance and see if that works. that was my problem when i had the same vibs.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
x2 big. I would be looking at the back of the truck to start. My 05 is lug centric, but I don't know about the earlier gens. A small amount of "out of balance" will definitely show up at higher speeds, but not always be a prob at slower speeds. If the wheels are lug centric try this: loosen up the lug nuts, then snug them evenly so that the lug tapers all seat evenly. Then tighten them down and test drive the truck. If it doesn't go away, then take it back to the tire shop for a look see.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I will try having the tires balanced with a lug centric type hub instead of a center bore type hub...It's time for a oil change and balance come to think about it....

·
Registered
6 Posts
How hard was it to put the Fabtech lift on?? Im lookin at maybe putting the 6 inch on just looking for some insight from someone who has done it

·
Registered
233 Posts
most parts are not too hard... it is the front end that sucks.. and getting the wheel bearings put in and out. If you have done a IFS drop lift before then you should be able to do it.. if not i am sure you will need lots of help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, i think ill be ok i read a website w/ all the instructions, getting every thing pressed in right seems like it will be the hardest part. Thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts