TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously, I wasn't able to get enough brake pressure to stop my vehicle after almost complete my SAS on my 02 tacoma. I was told to check out this site: http://home.4x4wire.com/erik/4runner/brakes/. After doing more research, I purchased a 1/2 ton chevy MC (1 1/8") for my taco. Apparently, the newer tacomas master cylinders have a different bolt pattern than the older ones. On Eric's site, he used the adapter that had the 4 bolt pattern to mate the MC to the booster, but on the newer tacomas, there are only two bolts, exactly the same style has the way the chevy MC bolts on, expect for the fact that the center to center of the toyota bolt pattern is about 1/2" shorter than the c-t-c of the chevy MC, which really sucks. I have two questions: (1) If I purchase a booster from a T100, will it bolt right into my 02 tacoma like it does to the earlier tacomas and (2) will having the T100 booster make that much of a difference? If I have the T100 booster then I can make the adapter since I'll have the 4 bolt pattern. If the T100 booster doesn't fit in my 02 tacoma, then I won't be able to make an adapter because of the newer 2 bolt pattern that is just a bit smaller than the 2 bolt pattern on the chevy MC. Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a chevy master cylinder without the booster and my truck stops fine. I think you won't need the booster. It should bolt up, but my truck is a 99. Later

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
i think many of the owners who have doen this modification have previous years Tacomas, probably 1998-2000, it seems that Toyota will change something just to differentiate a particular year/improvement.
Good luck!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I know this is an old thread but ed the search and didnt get the info i was looking for and I need the info so I'm hoping to get some hits 5 years later.

THE DILEMMA
We just swapped out my buddies rear drums for discs and his brake pedal is more than a little mushy. And so where here to our dilemma, we purchased the rockstomper chevy m/c kit with the adapter plate, not doing our research very well I might add, it came in today and we have realized it will not bolt up to the stock 2-bolt booster since the adapter is 4-bolt

SOLUTIONS?
T100 BOOSTER- is it a dirEct bolt in? if you have done it do you have pictures?
4-BOLT TACOMA BOOSTER- same thing is it bolt in? does abs/no abs matter
A DIFFERENT M/C-

The truck is a 2003 tacoma 4x4 TRD WITH ABS like i said we did a disc brake swap and got rip of the stock BPV and installed a manual BPV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
pirateblktaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing