TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i decided i needed more armor since i wanted to get more into wheeling, so i bought sliders from 4xinnovations.com. took a night to install, but the only pics i got were after they were on and i was on a wheeling trip in Harlan County, KY.

OH and i also bought 285/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac Class "E" tires but couldn't find pics. and installed a lockrite rear locker.(eventually i will do and e-locker swap)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i decided it was time to make my headlights and start on a retro.
in my old car, i did the same retro except the car had a quad projector setup. i absolutely loved the out put and decided that was what i wanted this one to look like too.

i used Porsche projectors(bi-xenon) with philips 85122 4300k bulbs. one of the reason with choosing the Porsche projectors again was the fact they are one of the widest projector out there.
at 25ft, the top cut off is 37.5" from the ground.

(eat your heart out ebay projectors :D )

i ended up vacuum forming a shroud and painted it black.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i noticed i never posted pics of how my cb in mounted. this is only temp.. i got this cb for free and noticed it receives like total crap(but i can transmit easily up to 5 miles clearly!) so it won't be staying there for much longer. it's mounted using velcro. also notice my mic mount. i originally had my pocket pc mounted there but changed it when i got the cb.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just found these pics. this was really the first "mod" i ever did to my truck. it was a 7in touchscreen carpc(really truckpc) setup.
notice the carxp(was gutted from my car before i sold it) and the "hack" edition? :)

i took it out to upgrade the hardware, then never put it back it.
it was nice to have all of my music and videos at my fingertips. not to mention the internet(i used my pocket pc as a modem). it also had a bluetooth receiver for hands free pocket pc operation and a wifi adapter for when i didn't feel like using my ppc.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i also noticed i never posted pics of my interior stuff.
i painted the door fabric black to match the rest of the truck.
i also put a 12" blue cathode in the door pocket, and have 3 SMD LEDs per side in the footwells.

after a year and a half of wear and tear, you can see where it's fading.

and the switches, the one on the left is for my rear aux light(see next post) and the one next to it is for all the interior lights. it's a 3 way toggle - down is courtesy/on when door is open. middle is always off. and up and just on.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Updates!
finally had some time to sand down the shock mounts and whatnots i made and paint then with undercoating.
i'll remount the resv. back to the middle next time i'm out working on my truck.

and i learned that my exhaust was now hitting my leaf spring when at a mild flex, so i cut it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the sliders had rusted bad. i originally used spray on bed liner (rustolium i believe) because i loved the finished texture but i had already re-sprayed it twice so i was done with it. it works great as long as whatever you spray doesn't get touched often. so. ~3 hours of sanding on one side, it was ready for something new. i picked up duplicolor bed armor with kevlar and got to work. i love the way it came out, but i don't have anywhere to test it just yet.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts