TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to upgrade my exhaust system on my 03 DC where I run one highflow cat and a Magnaflow (for example) muffler. I climbed under there the other day and it seems like I am lucky enough to have 2 cats.
Just wondering what would be the best way to do this and keep the cost reasonable.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Cat back system is usually the best bang for the buck. Leave both cats on, the only change you'll get removing one is a CEL.
You can buy a premanufactured catback system from a vendor. Or have a local shop weld in a new muffler and bend some tube for ya (cheaper).
Unless your going with headers and a full system that includes a wideband o2 sensor the local fab would be your best performance for the $$.
You do realize the exhaust system on a normally aspirated 3.4 is more for sound than performance.

Tim

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. i will check out my local muffler shop.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
mel22b said:
I would like to upgrade my exhaust system on my 03 DC where I run one highflow cat and a Magnaflow (for example) muffler. I climbed under there the other day and it seems like I am lucky enough to have 2 cats.
Just wondering what would be the best way to do this and keep the cost reasonable.

Thanks again,
honestly you won't get much from a cat back... if anything. you have 2.25" pipe out of the cats, and putting 2.5 on it there does hardly anything. you'd save some money if you just get a muffler... even though it just gives you sound. maybe 1 hp.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I forgot to say is that i bought the electric supercharger (hair dryer) off of ebay and I am planning to change the exhaust and add the 'super charger' to the end. Since it is mounted to extract gases I should get about 70-80 more HP and double the torque. I saved a fortune...again.

·
Registered
580 Posts
mel22b said:
What I forgot to say is that i bought the electric supercharger (hair dryer) off of ebay and I am planning to change the exhaust and add the 'super charger' to the end. Since it is mounted to extract gases I should get about 70-80 more HP and double the torque. I saved a fortune...again.
Hmmm, good idea, but you might want to find out what max temperatures that's gonna be able to handle... Also how is it gonna hold up to all the water it's gonna see? You get what you pay for, unfortunatley if you pay too little, you'll be broke from all the Advil you'll have to buy (you'll have alot of headaches)... :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
mel22b said:
70-80 HP and 2x torque......... maybe I should have done that too :rofl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts