TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 Tacoma, This weekend I went to put it in 4-wheel Drive and It would not Engage. I checked Fuses but they were Fine. It would Shift but just wouldnt work
Any thing else I might need to look at or has any one else had this Problem?

It was working fine a month ago I have no Idea?
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Please learn to post in the correct sections as you don't have a Pickup(79-95) or 4Runner(84-07). I have moved this to Newb tech.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Are you sure the dash light was just not working? Are you positive you were not in 4wd?

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Whats going on with your dash light? Solid, blinking, off? Could be a burnt out ADD actuator on the diff.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I posted in the wrong section.

The Green 4x4 indicator does not come on.
I was in snow yesterday had it shifted in 4 High
and only the rear wheels was pulling. so I think it is something else i dont know.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
If the light isn't coming on at all then you've got a problem with the 4WD sensor on the T-Case that tells the 4WD ECU that you have shifted into 4WD. Crawl under the truck and look for any wires running into the t-case that may be cut, corroded or disconnected. The sensor is located on the top of the t-case on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I was having the same problem this weekend with my sisters 95 tacoma. The transfer case would engage, but the front diff would not. I was able to get it into 4wd by moving the shifter into 4wd and then unpluging the vacume line from the actuator for a second. Interex, thanks for the info. I will have to check and see if thats the problem with her truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem with my 04,it happened last year winter .I tough it was because of cold,after couple days it got warmer, problem got away and it never happened again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts