TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new to the forum but have been reading for a while, its an awesome site. First let me tell you that I am new to Toyota but by no means new to trucks or off-roading. I have built several rock-crawlers in the past. However, I have come to a dead end in figure out my problem.

I have a 2004 DC Trd Taco. Its bone stock. What I noticed was when coming to a complete stop, just when the tires stop the body seems to jolt. Feels like someone bumps me in the back (slightly). I have gone under the truck and put a wrench to every bolt I could see, but still it jolts. I don't feel it when I am accelerating or decelerating, only when coming to a complete stop

Is this normal? I feel like something is loose (the cabin, rotors, front end). If you guys could please give me some feedback to what I can try, that would be greatly appreciated. If you guys need more info about the truck please let me know also.

Thanks in advance.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Hi all,

I am new to the forum but have been reading for a while, its an awesome site. First let me tell you that I am new to Toyota but by no means new to trucks or off-roading. I have built several rock-crawlers in the past. However, I have come to a dead end in figure out my problem.

I have a 2004 DC Trd Taco. Its bone stock. What I noticed was when coming to a complete stop, just when the tires stop the body seems to jolt. Feels like someone bumps me in the back (slightly). I have gone under the truck and put a wrench to every bolt I could see, but still it jolts. I don't feel it when I am accelerating or decelerating, only when coming to a complete stop

Is this normal? I feel like something is loose (the cabin, rotors, front end). If you guys could please give me some feedback to what I can try, that would be greatly appreciated. If you guys need more info about the truck please let me know also.

Thanks in advance.
Search Axle Wrap

Adding a lift (AAL or full leaf pack only) will help combat the problem. A traction bar will also eliminate the problem. BudBuilt has a nice one.

But just bone stock, just gotta live with it. The way these soft springs are and the torque is, it just wraps the axle.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Try lubing your drive shaft, i get that and lubing my shaft fixes it for a while, its the slip on the rear axle, gets kida gummed up and sticks a little.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
Shot---I'm 95% certain it's coming from the carrier bearing located in the middle of the driveshaft....this only happens on autos and in gear and fast slowdowns....you will notice it won't happen in neutral. It has to do actually with the tranny not releasing fast enough on the fast slowdown. If you come to a stop more gradually it doesn't make the thud. Mine still does it after installing heavy duty Allpro packs. A super heavy duty carrier bearing(the rubber portion) would work....but no one makes one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts