TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello,

Ive searched and decided on fluids based on guidance and availability. if you see any mistakes by all means chime in

2004 tacoma double cab 211,000 miles
3.4 V6 --------------------------------------------------- mobile1 5w-30
stock radiator-------------------------------------------- toyota pink part# 0272-SLLC2
4 speed auto ------------------------------------------- toyota ATF type T-IV part# 00279-000T4-6S
1st T-case inchworm 4.7 reduction box ---------full syn 75-90w GL4 MT90
2nd T-case stock push buttom----------------------full syn 75-90w GL4 MT90
front FJ80 diamond housing ARB 5:29---- ------75-90W GL5
rear stock tacoma elocker 5:29---------------------75-90W GL5
trail gear IFS box and high flow pump-------------
brake fluid ------------------------------------------------DOT 3

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
my main concern at the moment is figuring out the correct fluid for the dual cases. its an inchworm settup, driver side drop with 4.7's in the front case and a stock 2004 push buttom rear case. both cases connect so theyd need the same fluid. my old 85 runner with pass drop dual used 80-90w but having the 2004 stock case in the back on my current tacoma i think i should run the 75-90w GL4 .......redline 75-90 MT90 it is ...

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres tdays findings...

1. i was able to drain 7 full quarts of transmission fluid by jacking the front of the truck up a foot and leaving it overnight. Not completely sure if that normal.

2. My rear stock case had 2 quarts of what looked like 80/90w with fine metal in it

3. My what I believe is an inchworm taco box had .5 quarts of what looked like redline gear oil with fine metal in it.

These are my current questions
1. a.What fluid does the inchworm case take? Prob had 75-90w redline mt90
b. How much fluid does it take?
c. Where do i fill it, shifter?

2. How much transmission fluid should i put in before i run it to check the level?

3. Can someone identify this case? It had no marks stamps nothing that i can find. Drain plug was stamped trail gear. Inchworm taco box i assume because it blue and has inchworm adapters.

Fun fun ....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heres tdays findings...

1. i was able to drain 7 full quarts of transmission fluid by jacking the front of the truck up a foot and leaving it overnight. Not completely sure if that normal.

2. My rear stock case had 2 quarts of what looked like 80/90w with fine metal in it

3. My what I believe is an inchworm taco box had .5 quarts of what looked like redline gear oil with fine metal in it.

These are my current questions
1. a.What fluid does the inchworm case take? Prob had 75-90w redline mt90
b. How much fluid does it take?
c. Where do i fill it, shifter?

2. How much transmission fluid should i put in before i run it to check the level?

3. Can someone identify this case? It had no marks stamps nothing that i can find. Drain plug was stamped trail gear. Inchworm taco box i assume because it blue and has inchworm adapters.

Fun fun ....

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is becoming so lame...i have to fill both transfercases throught the shifters and theyre sisliconed so that leaves the breathers but the cent case doesnt have a breather

1 - 9 of 9 Posts