TTORA Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
As the originator of this thread, I thought I would follow up at the 9 month mark with my current solution. I did a lot of research. I didn't want six inchers, no way no how. I didn't want shallow mounts either- they just can't take the pounding I wish to inflict upon my sound system. I ended up going with a Rockford Fosgate P2 10 inch sub in a sealed box that sits on the middle of the back seat. I can still seat two grown men on either side with room to buckle in. The box cost all of $50 at Circuit city, and is 11" x 12" x 15" and the sub fires upward. It sounds AWESOME! Hits real deep, and tight. I never would have went with sixers in the first place if I knew. Total cost was less than $200.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
As the originator of this thread, I thought I would follow up at the 9 month mark with my current solution. I did a lot of research. I didn't want six inchers, no way no how. I didn't want shallow mounts either- they just can't take the pounding I wish to inflict upon my sound system. I ended up going with a Rockford Fosgate P2 10 inch sub in a sealed box that sits on the middle of the back seat. I can still seat two grown men on either side with room to buckle in. The box cost all of $50 at Circuit city, and is 11" x 12" x 15" and the sub fires upward. It sounds AWESOME! Hits real deep, and tight. I never would have went with sixers in the first place if I knew. Total cost was less than $200.:)
Mind posting some pics of it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'll see if I can't take a pic or two for ya. Twice now I have had adults in the back seat on either side of this box, and both said it was fine. My kids (a ten year old, and a three year old in a car seat) sit on either side all the time. Seems to be a decent sound solution for now.
Jeff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interest in sub box build for double cab

Im interested in building the exact same box you described but im just wondering if you still have any pictures so i can see how you built it so i can gather some ideas... please and thank you!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts