TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
YOTAPHILIC
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bullhonkey

I dont know why the hell Toyota changed, between the 01 and 04 models, the location of the e brake cable on the rear axle. They moved it lower on the axle where it will get hung up on rocks and such. Has anyone done a mod to fix this if so, got pics, info?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
SKUUT said:
I dont know why the hell Toyota changed, between the 01 and 04 models, the location of the e brake cable on the rear axle. They moved it lower on the axle where it will get hung up on rocks and such. Has anyone done a mod to fix this if so, got pics, info?
Thats a damn good question mine is an 03 and I have the same problem,and I have always been wondering if there is a way to fix that

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
SKUUT said:
if the e-brake arm come out of the drum in the same place why couldn't you just weld some tabs on and re-route the cable?? just a thought
I haven't looked at one yet so I don't know how the newer ones are

·
YOTAPHILIC
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mudferret said:
Could've sworn that Dos Tacos (haven't seen him in ages) did this, or maybe Jason Demello did it for him, or I could be smoking crack...if I could find my damn pipe.
tru dat... lol

no man it is in a different place. it actually really sucks.

·
YOTAPHILIC
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
grumpy said:
if the e-brake arm come out of the drum in the same place why couldn't you just weld some tabs on and re-route the cable?? just a thought
I haven't looked at one yet so I don't know how the newer ones are
Yeah unfortunatly the arm is in a different spot, actually I'm pretty sure it's an entirely different drum. I'm sure there is a way too fix it, but it sux because its a mod that I wouldn't have too do if they had just left it alone.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
SKUUT said:
Yeah unfortunatly the arm is in a different spot, actually I'm pretty sure it's an entirely different drum. I'm sure there is a way too fix it, but it sux because its a mod that I wouldn't have too do if they had just left it alone.
Can you get a pic? I've got an '03 and my e-brake cable runs along the back side of the axle. I can't imagine it being any worse than this unless it were on the bottom of the axle. In the end it's pretty easy to re-route friction cable.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
SKUUT said:
sometimes the engineers just need to be shot!!!! who knows why they do some of the things they do

·
YOTAPHILIC
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont have any pics, but Im pretty sure that the cable used to run above the leaf spring, but mine is below the springs and on the back side of the axle. shitty location

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
BigBadBob0
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing