TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Im back posting more questions and findings in a new spot!

So my next fix on my truck is the front springs. They are what i believe to be TG HD 5” lift springs. They are too long (48” or 49”) and the axle needs to be pushed forward in order to keep 37’s out of the fender well. The trucks sas kit looks like skys kit. Id buy theyre custom 3f spring but they are out of stock with no future plans to build more. I recently picked up a set of RUF rancho springs from a buddy thatd move the axle forward but i think there gonna be the same length and not work in the end...

For correct shackle angle i need springs that are 46” long with a front eye to center pin of about 21”

Oh and my rig steers like shit hopefully i can deal that out while replacing the springs

Heres some pics my front shackle angle and my chevy 63” and rancho ruf main leaves

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So a local shop has a pair of new TG 3” 110001 front springs for 350$
22” front to center 25” rear to center

The local 4wp sells the rancho 44044’s for 400$
22.5” F to C 24.5” R to C

Or i can order stock waggy 7 leafs for 220$
22.5” and 24.5”

I think im gunna get spendy and buy the 44044 and stock waggys to make a custom lower sitting spring pack. Everything ive read says TG springs bring the suck. Ive had 44044’s before and they were great but tall. So ill use the 44044 main leaf and the stock waggy spring pack

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,406 Posts
Sounds like you are on the right track. 44044 are tall, so people usually cannibalize a couple sets to make their own custom packs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i ended up buying the stock wagoneer springs part #97-400 for 350$ shipped. heres a pic with the bottom two leafs removed. pretty much as low as i can go but didnt allow enough clearance at the drag link and oil pan so i put the full leaf pack back together as well as heated and bent the pitman arm to near flat. they sit totally flat at ride hight and give me a near perfect shackle angle. I opted for the farthest rear mounting location on the axle perch witch locates the axle as far forward as possible to get the center diff away from the oil pan. after all is said and done the truck is 2" lower in the front measuring 25" ground to frame with 37's. and the springs are new so they will settle. I will have 5" up travel and 7" down travel with 14" shocks.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
turns out my pitman arm was not clocked correctly with the steering wheel, thats gunna be fun to fix...removing the steering wheel looks like a bitch. also my rear u bolts are incorrect and do not properly fit the axle.

got the chevy 63"s on and looks like ill need longer shackles but overall Im very satisfied with my new ride height, now functional suspention and softer ride

Attachments

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,406 Posts
Hit up Ruff Stuff Specialties for new ubolts and plates if you need them. Dan builds some beefy stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts