TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't find any info on this and I don't have the factory manual. Does anyone know the correct procedure to remove the front CV's and shafts on the 05 and newer taco? I want to remove them to replace the Oeticker clamps on the boots. I want to pull the boots towards the center of the axle and re-clamp them. This will eliminate the rubbing of the fins. Either that, or I will buy Kartek long travel boots to replace them with. Any info will be appreciated.

·
Registered
636 Posts
DRIVE SHAFT – FRONT DRIVE SHAFT (for 4WD)

PM me your email address and I will email you a copy of the "DRIVE SHAFT – FRONT DRIVE SHAFT (for 4WD)" doc. I think that's what you're looking for.

It's too big to attach.

UPDATE: the following link posted by hytenor is the same stuff I have...

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
mojavegold said:
I didn't find any info on this and I don't have the factory manual. Does anyone know the correct procedure to remove the front CV's and shafts on the 05 and newer taco? I want to remove them to replace the Oeticker clamps on the boots. I want to pull the boots towards the center of the axle and re-clamp them. This will eliminate the rubbing of the fins. Either that, or I will buy Kartek long travel boots to replace them with. Any info will be appreciated.
http://haroldmiller.net/FSM/05+/

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scratch that one. I checked the link that Hytenor gave me and it looks like a real PITA. I'll just use a different type of clamp, or open the new clamps and put them on the boot, then re-close them and crimp. Thanks again for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts