TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to put my 06 DC TRD Sport for sale and buy a regular cab 4cyl.

This again is a model not offered in Canada as far as I know, so I'm looking for mostly interior pictures of the regular cab. Is the SR5 package alot nicer than without? How is the bench seat compared to the SR5 buckets? Any Reg cab pics would be great.

Thanks
Anton

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't have any pictures of mine yet, but I just bought an 06 reg. cab 4x4 a month ago. Mine is the base model with the bench seat. As far as the bench seat goes, I do miss having something to lean on when I'm driving (lack of console). It is a 5 speed, so I often drive with my hand on the gear shift anyway. Besides that, it is pretty comfortable and I like having the option to put someone there if I needed to (my g/f fits in the middle just fine, but she's pretty tiny). I think the bench seat makes it feel a bit bigger on the inside.

I'll also point out that I'm 6'2" tall....this is only the second vehicle I've gotten in that I actually have to move the seat forward (from the all the way back position) because I couldn't reach the pedals....very suprised how roomy the truck is!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
kenmo said:
I don't have any pictures of mine yet, but I just bought an 06 reg. cab 4x4 a month ago. Mine is the base model with the bench seat. As far as the bench seat goes, I do miss having something to lean on when I'm driving (lack of console). It is a 5 speed, so I often drive with my hand on the gear shift anyway. Besides that, it is pretty comfortable and I like having the option to put someone there if I needed to (my g/f fits in the middle just fine, but she's pretty tiny). I think the bench seat makes it feel a bit bigger on the inside.

I'll also point out that I'm 6'2" tall....this is only the second vehicle I've gotten in that I actually have to move the seat forward (from the all the way back position) because I couldn't reach the pedals....very suprised how roomy the truck is!!
I have the same truck and I agree with everything you said. The bench seat is actually really not that bad just wish it had a arm rest in the middle. I was also very surprised when I had to pull the seat up to reach the peddles being that I'm 6'1. Over all I love the truck just wish I would have got the SR5 or just ordered one with 2 seats in the middle console. I will post some pics of it when I get off work. Not have speed control is a BIT(H also.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Anton said:

This again is a model not offered in Canada as far as I know, so I'm looking for mostly interior pictures of the regular cab. Is the SR5 package alot nicer than without? How is the bench seat compared to the SR5 buckets? Any Reg cab pics would be great.

Thanks
Anton
Get the SR5. I have the base model with the bench seat, and I'm kicking myself for not getting the buckets. The bench is fine for daily driving, but when I'm out on the trails I move all over the place. The other thing I like the buckets for is the fact that you can move them forward so that your passenger can reach the "oh shit" handle. My lady is 5'8, but she still cant reach the handle with where I have the seat set. She normally tells me not to spend so much on my truck, but this is one thing I got the green light to buy if I can find them at a decent price.

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you go with the bucket seats, you will have a total of 9 cup holders :)
The center console has 3 on the front and 2 on the back. Though I'v never been in a benched 05+, I love the setup in my reg cab. (I got the 1-up from the base model).
Don't have any interior pics as of yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anton said:

This again is a model not offered in Canada as far as I know...
I'm in the same situation as you - I'd like to buy the regular cab. How do you plan on buying an American model? Is it as simple as going Stateside, buying one and driving it back up?

I'm only 5'9" so I guess I'll have to really pull the seats forward! Does any Reg Cab owner think that you'd be able to store small objects (laptop, groceries, etc) behind the seats? Also, if you opt for the buckets, does the passenger seat fold forward?

Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CBill, what province do you live in?

I am in Manitoba and bought my 06 D/C in North Dakota. It's a simple matter of importing it after you purchase it. You'll need to purchase it with cash, obtain a temporary permit from your insurance provider (in my case Manitoba Public Insurance), this allows you to drive it without plates for x number of days. When you get to the border, you will have to go inside, pay GST on the purchase price, plus fill out an import form 1.

Check out riv.ca for all the steps. It was fairly straight forward. The only things you will need:

-US address to buy the vehicle.
- Daytime running lights on the vehicle
-$200 RIV import fee
$100 a/c fee
%6 GST due at the border
PST due when the vehicle is registered in Canada
Recall clearance letter obtained from Toyota USA.

Once back in Canada you have 45 days to bring it to Canadian standards. The only thing to watch out for is Daytime running lights, these are required. Any Canadian tire will do a federal inspection, and once passed, you can get plates. It does take some time though, and be sure to have all your paperwork in order for customs.

Anton

·
Registered
464 Posts
Nice

I like the look of the regular cab, but (and it's a big but for me) unless you buy the black one your fender flares aren't paint-matched to the truck...... which really polishes the new models off.........

plus, I spent too many freakin years rolling down windows, I'm done with that crap. (unless I've been ignorant and thought you only get roll-down with the regular cab........oh well)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
butchhusky said:
I like the look of the regular cab, but (and it's a big but for me) unless you buy the black one your fender flares aren't paint-matched to the truck...... which really polishes the new models off.........

plus, I spent too many freakin years rolling down windows, I'm done with that crap. (unless I've been ignorant and thought you only get roll-down with the regular cab........oh well)
The color matched fenders come with the SR5 package, not with regular/access/double cab configurations. Its an option on any model.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I actually like the look of the dull/flat black look on the fender flares. I have an Silver 07 Single cab, and i wanted the manual windows. IMO it is less electrical probs down the line and a less haslle regarding fabrications or trail damage in the future or near future :p

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
suckafree*671 said:
I actually like the look of the dull/flat black look on the fender flares. I have an Silver 07 Single cab, and i wanted the manual windows. IMO it is less electrical probs down the line and a less haslle regarding fabrications or trail damage in the future or near future :p
I agree about the manual windows, hard to find a car/truck w/o power windows anymore. You are right about the electrical problems down the road. I bought an 86 4Runner new in 86, after 6 years and 160,000, the power window motor was shot...but I guess with the use I put it through could not complain...

·
Registered
25 Posts
butchhusky said:

I agree with the others on the fender flares....I actually like the look of them not painted....plus, I think the non painted ones will not show trail rash as badly as the painted. HOWEVER, I just painted the faded flares on my sister's Jeep last weekend. Wondering what the TX heat will do to these?

Again, I'm a tall guy....but I can reach over and roll the passenger side window down. The more accessories you pile on, the more that can potentially go wrong!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anton said:

Check out riv.ca for all the steps. It was fairly straight forward...

Anton
Thanks for the info, Anton.

No comments from current Reg Cab owners? Any space behind the seats?

·
Registered
151 Posts
the space behind the seats is surprisingly large i'm 6.3 or so and i thought that i would need to have the seat all the way back. but i'm more comfortable with it closer up, first i've driven that doesn't need me to have the seat all the way back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am 5'7", yes i know im short, but i have tons of room behind the seat. I actually could fit my whole tool box behind it, and i also have a 10 inch bass tube in the back.

·
Registered
114 Posts
anyone know of a place that sells the bucket seats and center console???? i have never seen it till this thread and i want them really bad now.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts