TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up: I took the inner panel off my tailgate and noticed that the pinch weld area at the bottom does not have any factory sealant sprayed in it. Mine already had a bunch of dirt collected in it. There are also drain slots at the bottom. I sprayed rubberized undercoating in mine to prevent rust. Any one in the snow states should do the same, or you will have a problem down the road. Jut my :2cents:

·
Registered
779 Posts
:eek: thanks for the 'heads up' mine must be horrible.. oh well :D

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
fluid film your truck before every winter. take shit apart to do it.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
darwink1 said:
fluid film your truck before every winter. take shit apart to do it.
What's fluid film, some kind of wax? I'm in SoCal, so rust usually isn't an issue, but I live one block from the ocean, so the salt air messes things up.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
do a quick search. its this shit that u spray on and it turns into a yellowish wax. great for rust proofing. and its "almost biodegradable".

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was hoping these beds and tailgates would not have rusting problems like my 02 Frontier did. Thanks for the heads up, that is a lot of help.
You're welcome. The outer seam is sealed, it's the one inside the tailgate, where the inner and outer panels come together that could be a problem. I'm glad I noticed it. I'm going to check the other panels also.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
hey i have that clockwork poster in the garage.

·
Registered
232 Posts
post a pic if anyone takes it apart and sprays it down.:)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took pics of mine, just having a PITA of a time with the download. I'm computer challenged...dee, dee, dee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts